RE: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Ben Shahn's photographs of Scottsboro

  • rgpipes@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
      This is what I get when I try to use these web sites below. When I click
      on them this is what I get.
      Our Search Engine encountered a problem with your query. Please check that
      you have entered a query.

      Thanks
      Regina

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
        When I go to this site it comes up with thei site
        HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsowhome.html"America from the Great
        Depression to World War II: Photographs from the FSA-OWI, 1935-1945
        Number:

        When I click on what comes up I find this

        HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/amhome.html"[American Memory]

        HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsowcap.html"FSA-OWI Photographs
        1935-1946
        HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fahome.html"Black & White
        Photos
        Over 160,000 photographs currently available HYPERLINK
        "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsachtml/fsowhome.html"Color Photos
        1600 total photographs

        HYPERLINK "http://lcweb.loc.gov/rr/print/"Prints and Photographs Division,
        Library of Congress

        _____

        The images in the HYPERLINK
        "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fsainfo.html"Farm Security
        Administration-HYPERLINK
        "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/owiinfo.html"Office of War Information
        Collection are among the most famous documentary photographs ever produced.
        Created by a group of U.S. government photographers, the images show
        Americans in every part of the nation. In the early years, the project
        emphasized rural life and the negative impact of the Great Depression, farm
        mechanization, and the Dust Bowl. In later years, the photographers turned
        their attention to the mobilization effort for World War II. The core of the
        collection consists of about 164,000 black-and-white photographs. This
        release provides HYPERLINK
        "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fahome.html"access to over 160,000 of
        these images; future additions will expand the black-and-white offering. The
        FSA-OWI photographers also produced about HYPERLINK
        "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsachtml/fsowhome.html"1600 color photographs
        during the latter days of the project.

        Where do I go from here to find the pictures on Scottsboro?

        Thanks

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        1:50 PM

      • paula stockebrand
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
            Google American Memory From the Library of Congress - Home Page click on this when this comes up then enter Scottsboro Alabama or Skyline Farms in their search engine.