Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Ben Shahn's photographs of Scottsboro

  • DrKirby25@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
      A link to Skyline:
      _Search Results_
      (http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?pp/fsaall:@FILREQ(@FIELD(SUBJ+@3(+Skyline+Farms++Alabama+))+@FIELD(COLLID+fsa))) URL
      _http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?pp/fsaall:@FILREQ(@FIELD(SUBJ+@3(+Skyline+Farms++
      Alabama+))+@FIELD(COLLID+fsa_
      (http://lcweb2.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/r?pp/fsaall:@FILREQ(@FIELD(SUBJ+@3(+Skyline+Farms++Alabama+))+@FIELD(COLLID+fsa) ))

      In a message dated 2/3/2008 8:24:48 A.M. Central Standard Time,
      abradford@... writes:

      I should have guessed yahoo would break this long URL strangely. You
      may have to paste it in two pieces. The original note reproduced it
      twice. I should start with http and end with =fsa

      _http://memory.http://memorhttp://memhttp://memory.http://mehttp://_
      (http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/b?ammem/fsaall:LC-USF33-006237-)
      M1:collection=M1:

      --- In _jacksongenealogy@jacksongeneajac_
      (mailto:jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com) , "Regina Pipes" <rgpipes@...>

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
        This is what I get when I try to use these web sites below. When I click
        on them this is what I get.
        Our Search Engine encountered a problem with your query. Please check that
        you have entered a query.

        Thanks
        Regina

        _____

        HYPERLINK "mailto:abradford%40nc.rr.com"abradford@nc.-rr.com writes:

        I should have guessed yahoo would break this long URL strangely. You
        may have to paste it in two pieces. The original note reproduced it
        twice. I should start with http and end with =fsa

        _HYPERLINK
        "http://memory.http://memorhttp://memhttp://memory.http://mehttp://_"http://
        memory.-http://memorhttp-://memhttp:-//memory.-http://mehttp:-//_
        (HYPERLINK
        "http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/b?ammem/fsaall:LC-USF33-006237-"http://
        memory.-loc.gov/cgi--bin/query/-b?ammem/fsaall:-LC-USF33--006237-)
        M1:collection=-M1:

        --- In _jacksongenealogy@-jacksongeneajac_
        (mailto:HYPERLINK
        "mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com"jacksongenealogy@-yahoogroups.-co
        m) , "Regina Pipes" <rgpipes@...->

        "http://memory.http://memohttp://memory.http://memory.http://me_"http://memo
        "http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/b?ammem/fsaall:LC-USF33-"http://memory.
        -loc.gov/cgi--bin/query/-b?ammem/fsaall:-LC-USF33-)
        006237-"http
        > ://memory.-loc. ://memo ://me ://m ://mem :/
        006237-
> [...]
        >
        > He was recommended by Walker Evans, a friend and former roommate,
        > Roy Stryker to join the photographic group at the Farm Security
        > Administration (FSA), traveling and documenting the American south
        > alongside Walker Evans, Dorothea Lange and other photographers. In
        > May and June 1933 he served as an assistant to Diego Rivera while
        > Rivera executed the infamous Rockefeller Center mural, and by
        > circulating a petition among the workers, Shahn had a role in
        fanning
        > the controversy. Shahn left the FSA in 1938, and that same year he
        > and his wife Bernarda moved to the new town of Jersey Homesteads
        (now
        > Roosevelt, New Jersey).
        >
        > In 1975, the Harvard University Press published The Photographic
        Eye
        > of Ben Shahn, which has a collection of his works.

        2/2/2008
        > 1:50 PM

        > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        2/2/2008
        > 1:50 PM

        ************-**Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.
        (HYPERLINK
        "http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp0030000
        00025"http://music.-aol.com/grammys/-pictures/-never-won--a-grammy?-NCID=aol
        cmp00300-0000025
        48)

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        1:50 PM

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        1:50 PM

      • rgpipes@hughes.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
          When I go to this site it comes up with thei site
          HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsowhome.html"America from the Great
          Depression to World War II: Photographs from the FSA-OWI, 1935-1945
          Number:

          When I click on what comes up I find this

          HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/amhome.html"[American Memory]

          HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsowcap.html"FSA-OWI Photographs
          1935-1946
          HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fahome.html"Black & White
          Photos
          Over 160,000 photographs currently available HYPERLINK
          "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsachtml/fsowhome.html"Color Photos
          1600 total photographs

          HYPERLINK "http://lcweb.loc.gov/rr/print/"Prints and Photographs Division,
          Library of Congress

          _____

          The images in the HYPERLINK
          "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fsainfo.html"Farm Security
          Administration-HYPERLINK
          "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/owiinfo.html"Office of War Information
          Collection are among the most famous documentary photographs ever produced.
          Created by a group of U.S. government photographers, the images show
          Americans in every part of the nation. In the early years, the project
          emphasized rural life and the negative impact of the Great Depression, farm
          mechanization, and the Dust Bowl. In later years, the photographers turned
          their attention to the mobilization effort for World War II. The core of the
          collection consists of about 164,000 black-and-white photographs. This
          release provides HYPERLINK
          "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fahome.html"access to over 160,000 of
          these images; future additions will expand the black-and-white offering. The
          FSA-OWI photographers also produced about HYPERLINK
          "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsachtml/fsowhome.html"1600 color photographs
          during the latter days of the project.

          Where do I go from here to find the pictures on Scottsboro?

          Thanks

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          1:50 PM

        • paula stockebrand
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
              Google American Memory From the Library of Congress - Home Page click on this when this comes up then enter Scottsboro Alabama or Skyline Farms in their search engine.