Looking for descendents of Toliver and Charlotte Patterson

  • nettiebau1952
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2 3:22 PM
      I am researching Bradfords, particularly Minnie Bradford who married
      William S. Patterson and they had three sons:

      Theodoric Inman Patterson born in October 27, 1896
      Tolliver Alexander Patterson born in December 6, 1898
      William Ralph Patterson born in 1906

      William is the son of Tolliver Preston Patterson and Leah (or Lear)
      D. Allen of Hendersonville, NC. According to a descendent of this
      family, Toliver was born May 12, 1830 in Rutherford County, North
      Carolina and died October 17, 1895 and is buried in Pisgah
      Church Cemetery, Jackson Co, AL.

      He and Leah married Dec 29, 1852 - Henderson County, North Carolina.
      TP was raised in Rutherford/ McDowell County, NC. He and Leah Allen
      had three children born in Henderson Co, N.C prior moving to
      Tennessee, city unknown, about 1865 (William b. 1866).

      In the 1860 census for Henderson County, NC, Tolliver and his family
      are living in Hendersonville, NC. In 1870 Tolliver Patterson was a
      farmer in Stevenson in Big Coon. William and Thomas, his last two
      children seen in this census, were born in Tennessee. There is an
      Inman Patterson family in Dandridge, TN during this time. I feel sure
      that there is a connection between these families.

      This family may also have known the Bradfords in Dandridge since
      Alexander Keith was sheriff of Jefferson County during this time. The
      Inman Patterson family lived in town. Their neighbors were coopers,
      blacksmiths, and shop keepers.In 1880 the Toliver Patterson family is
      living in Jackson County, AL. He lists himself as married (not
      widowed) but he is living with a group of mostly grown children
      without his wife Leah. However, another child has been born since the
      family left Tennessee and he was born in AL. So the earliest the
      family could have been in Jackson County was 1877.

      William married Minnie Bradford in the mid 1890s and the family is
      found in the Flint, Morgan County census in the 1910 and 1920
      censuses.

      I am looking for descendents of Toliver and Charlotte Patterson who
      might know about Minnie and William and their descendents.

      Annette Bradford