Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Marriage Cert 90's

  • Altafae
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2008
      Barbara,

      I was unable to locate any marriages from the Alabama Marriage Collection 1807 - 1969 that is on Ancestry the closes I got is listed below. Is Clark her maiden name, was she married before Wm Wilson; did they marry in another state, say like Tennessee. What part of the county did they live in - I thought it was interesting in 1825 a Clark married a Wilson, so I though you might be interested. If we can get some more detail, like ages or what page your census is on it should tell you the marriage status, and the years married, also it should state if the children are from one wife or the other. Let me know and I will be happy to look at what Ancestry might have on this.

      Jimmie Ryan
      Elijah Brazier b 1776 NC (1830 Blount, Alabama)
      Elijah Brazier b 1800 SC (1830 Blount, Alabama)
      George Washington Brashear b 1854 (Maynards Cove, Jackson, Alabama)

      Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969

      Name: Sallie M Isbell
      Spouse: Wm J Wilson
      Marriage Date: 28 Dec 1892
      County: Jackson
      State: Alabama
      Performed By Title: Minister of the Gospel
      Performed by Name: M Isbell
      Source information: Jordan Dodd, Liahona Research

      Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969

      Name: William Wilson
      Spouse: India Clark
      Marriage Date: 5 Oct 1825
      County: Lauderdale
      State: Alabama
      Performed By Title: Justice of the Peace
      Performed by Name: John H Corrish
      Source information: Jordan Dodd, Liahona Research

      U.S. Census > 1910 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson > Woodville > District 35: Ancestry page 1: Farm: 31:31

      Wilson, William J Head 41 M W 41 M1 17 AL AL AL Farmer
      Wilson, Sallie Wife F W 41 M1 17 8 5 AL AL AL
      Wilson, Percy Son M W 15 S AL AL AL
      Wilson, Jesse Son M W 13 S AL AL AL
      Wilson, Ruth Daughter F W 7 S AL AL AL
      Wilson, Hugh Son M W 4 S AL AL AL
      Wilson, Fanny Daughter F W 4 AL AL AL

      U.S. Census > 1910 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson > Harmony > District 37: Ancestry page 6: Farm: 229:229

      Wilson, William J Head M W 50 M2 3 AL AL AL Farmer
      Wilson, Anna [Sisk] Wife F W 23 M1 3 2 2 AL AL AL
      Wilson, Early T Son M W 2 S TN AL AL
      Wilson, Pearlie M Daughter F W 10/12 S AL AL AL
      Sisk, Laston M [Larkin?] Father-In-Law M W 56 M1 34 AL AL AL
      Sisk, Emma Mother-In-Law F W 51 M1 34 AL TN AL
      Sisk, Betty J Sister-In-Law F W 14 S AL AL AL

      In a message dated 02/02/08 09:24:28 Pacific Standard Time, jb.dooley@... writes:
      Are there any volunteers on our list who will look up marriage records from Jackson co., AL? If so, I would really appreciate a lookup for the marriage of my grandfather, William Jonas (Billy) Wilson and his second wife, Rachel Clark. According to their 1910 census record, they were probably married in 1902.

      Thanks,
      Barbara Dooley
      Cullowhee, NC

    • James and Barbara Dooley
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2008
        Thank you so much for trying to help, Jimmie. Interesting that there were
        so many William J. Wilsons. My grandfather was first married in McMinn
        Co., TN, to Nancy Ann Clark. In the late 1890s they moved to Jackson Co.,
        AL, probably to be near his older sister and her family, Sam and Jane
        Wilson Line. Nancy died in childbirth "on the way to AL," according to my
        aunt. In the 1900 census, Billy, his children, and his mother are listed
        in Grosse Precincte 29, P. 58B. By 1910 he and the children had moved back
        to TN, this time to Hamilton Co. His mother must have died in the
        meantime, and he was married to Rachel Clark, daughter of Thomas B. and
        Susanna Keith Clark; as far as we know, no relation to his first
        wife. They also lived in Grosse precinct 29 in 1900. The 1910 census
        shows that Rachel and Billy had been married 8 years. Supposedly, they
        were married in Flat Rock, AL; that, also is according to my aunt who was
        about 11 years old at the time. Rachel had one child, only, which was
        stillborn.

        Thanks for offering to search Ancestry, but I'm a subscriber to that, also.
        I think I just need to get down to the courthouse in Jackson Co.!

        Barbara

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2008
          The way I wrote one sentence in the message below left my meaning very
          unclear! . . ."he was married to Rachel Clark, daughter of Thomas B. and
          Susanna Keith Clark; as far as we know, no relation to his first wife. They
          also lived in Grosse precinct 29 in 1900." "they" referred to Thomas B.,
          Susanna, Rachel, and her siblings.
          Barbara