Howard and Gay Lineage

  • madolyn jysele
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2008
      I saw the posting on James Stephen Gay and his wife Lucy. Their child Margie married Grover C. Howard. James Stephen died on 09-11-1894. He is buried in the Caperton Cemetery in Stevenson, Al. I moved back to Stevenson after being gone 40 years.

      Martha Maxwell married Thomas Gay. James Stephen was their son. I have been working on this line within my Maxwell line. I am looking for more lineage, could you provide me with Margie Gay Howard's lineage? I will be willing to share what I have.

      In July 1875, a farmhand got very mad at Thomas Gay and Poisoned the milk, all that drank the milk died. 3 of Thomas's children died Lizzie July 2n, Zullie July 3rd, Margie July 6th 1875. Martha's, brother, wife Sarah Vicars was apparently there and she died July 8th and her son R.E. Maxwell died July 3rd. Thomas Gay died July 4th 1875.

      The Cemetery called "The Maxwell Gap Cemetery" was suppose be be called the Millican Cemetery. But the Maxwell's started dying first and it just got called the maxwell gap cemetery. I would like to know more on margie and Grover's line. I can help you also. Madolyn York