Re: [jacksongenealogy] New Member Posting For The First Time

  • lewatkins
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 16, 2008
      Great ! Just wonderful !
      I need any & all you care to share concerning Marion & his 1st wife & Lucy's children, also.
      Lucy called him "Mr. Atkerson" as was the southern style of respectful speaking to one's husband back then. Lucy's first husband, Stephen GAY died very young, in 1894 at age 29, when my grandmother, as the baby of the family, Margie Mae GAY was two years old. Grandmother said that Mr Atkerson was a real good daddy to them & she told me of how sad she was when Mr Atkerson was so sick. Grandmother said that in the summer time her mom, Lucy, & Mr Atkerson came to their mountain cabin for the summer months because it was so much cooler than down in the valley. Their land/cabin was adjoining my grandpa Cicero MILLICAN's land in Fabius, Jackson Co., Al. which wasn't far, in walking distance, from my grandmother Margie Mae Gay HOWARD's home. I remember my aunt Opal Howard mentioning that the land/cabin went to Mr Atkerson's son after he died.
      I sure would be grateful for Mr Atkerson's death date & where he was buried; his children's names, dates, etc. that you care to share.
      I'm sure there's more I need to ask you but at this time I'm very excited & can't think.
      Mary