Lands/Smith

  • Misty Chavis
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2008
      I'm looking for information on the surnames of Lands
      and Smith. Alma Elizabeth Lands married Paul Smith -
      guessing that Paul was born some time around 1913 -
      and Alma (Grannie) some time around 1920 -

      Alma & Paul divorced - I'm guessing around 1959 - they
      had 4 children before the divorced - Joyce - John -
      Jimmy and Marvin -- there may have been another child
      between Jimmy and Marvin as Marvins birth certificate
      says that there were 4 children alive and one not -

      The family was from Scottsboro, Al. Alma remarried but
      I don't know when or where - she had two more children
      - Mary and Drusilla - the girls were teenagers when I
      came into the picture and married Marvin -

      Alma had siblings and I believe one still lives on or
      near land in Scottsboro - she has a very unusual name
      which I never can remember but something like Era or
      similar -- she is up in years as is Alma - Alma is
      somewhere around 92 at the moment and her memory is
      really bad - they just put her into a home after an
      extended stay in the hospital in the middle of Florida
      -

      Marvin passed away in September of 2000 and is buried
      at lake Okeechobee, Florida - he passed away at a very
      early age of throat cancer --

      Any information or leads or contacts for this family
      would be greatly appreciated

      Misty

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?