Re: 1862 DIARY (WAS: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Photos of Bridgeport Depot and First Monday 1972 and 1977)

  • Karl Plenge
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 13, 2008
      > She was 23 years old in 1862, a student at the Female Academy in Huntsville

      David - I have been researching two young women who were students there at about that time, Mary Elizabeth "Lizzie" Manson and Mary Ellen Sullivan. They both moved to Paint Rock after they married and were neighbors and friends for life (Lizzie married William R Hill, Mary Ellen married William M Gormley Jr).

      Do you happen to recognize either of these names from the diary? And if not, would you keep an eye out for them in case you would come across some other mention of them?

      Thanks!