Hamilton Surname, again

  • cmycats@austin.rr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2008
      Hi everyone,

      I know I've posted my Hamilton family before, but thought I would put in a quick note.

      We (my Hamilton research friend and I) have been able to piece together a larger group for our family, and have a lot of room for additonal children/names.

      The migration is SC>Jackson/Marshall AL> MS (by 1850)

      Russell Hamilton b c 1780 m Margaret UNK. b c 1793
      According to census records, they (or, he had a possible 1st wife besides Margaret) had up to 23 children. 21 are verified through census records, and the other 2 that would make 23, we realize are most likely nephews of Russell. (Clark and Rufus listed on the 1850 Itawamba MS Census.

      So, if you have a Hamilton within the time period that has no parents they might fit into our group. Also, any Hamiltons with a birthdat in the 1780 +/- in this area has a good possibility of being a sibling to Russel Hamilton.
      Russell's probable father was Ransom (Ranson) Hamliton.

      Let me know who you have and I will be glad to share what I have as well.

      Thanks,
      Pam Cain