Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Dean ????? Jackson county...circa...1930

  • mark thomas
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
      looking for George Washington Thomas,b.1856-d.aft.1930; and Julia A. Thomas,b.1864-d.aft.1930....last record is 1930,Dean,Jackson County,Al.Children in 1900 are
      Roena J.,b.1884
      William A.,b.1886
      Ida B. b.1889
      Mary C. b.1892
      Rufie A. b.1894
      Dora b.1900
      In 1910...Beuna B. is added..b.1910

      Thanks,
      Mark

      frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote:
      These are the Thomas That are buried in Deans Chapel Cem.
      Olive Thomas B:8-3-1893 D:12-29-1947
      Charles A Thomas B:5-2-1866 D:12-13-1940
      Mattie E Thomas B:1-31-1867 D:7-11-1937
      John Marshall Thomas B:6-8-1911 D1-14-1990
      Hope This Helps

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, mark thomas
      <williet_6757@...> wrote:

      > I'm looking for the Thomas folks. Thanks for the reply.
      >
      > frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote: There
      is a Dean Chapel Cemetery On sand mountain T5s R8E Sec 8 Some

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
        I don't know if anyone ever answered the question of where Dean in Jackson
        County was BUT I would also like to know. I looked at the 1930 census for
        George W. THOMAS and it does say that the census were in Dean but I forgot
        the precinct. Looks like they lived on Pisgah Rpad but can't make out the
        other name on the road. On another census it says Henager Road and I casn't
        make out the other name. Could Dean have been out of Stevenson/Bridgeport
        area going up the mountain that way? I really don't know that much about
        that area.

        Regina

        _____

        looking for George Washington Thomas,b.1856--d.aft.1930; and Julia A.
        Thomas,b.1864--d.aft.1930.-...last record is 1930,Dean,Jackson
        County,Al.Children in 1900 are
        Roena J.,b.1884
        William A.,b.1886
        Ida B. b.1889
        Mary C. b.1892
        Rufie A. b.1894
        Dora b.1900
        In 1910...Beuna B. is added..b.1910

        Thanks,
        Mark

        frances_lambert2000 <HYPERLINK
        "mailto:frances_lambert2000%40yahoo.com"frances_lambert2000-@...>
        wrote:
        These are the Thomas That are buried in Deans Chapel Cem.
        Olive Thomas B:8-3-1893 D:12-29-1947
        Charles A Thomas B:5-2-1866 D:12-13-1940
        Mattie E Thomas B:1-31-1867 D:7-11-1937
        John Marshall Thomas B:6-8-1911 D1-14-1990
        Hope This Helps

        --- In HYPERLINK
        "mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com"jacksongenealogy@-yahoogroups.-co
        m, mark thomas

        m, "Mark" <williet_6757@->
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm still looking for Dean. Don't know if it was a community or
        post
        > > office or store or what. BUT it was a census area.Anyone able to
        help
        > > me as to the location of Dean?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Mark

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        12:09 PM

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        12:09 PM

      • mark thomas
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
          Are you looking for GW Thomas too, or just interested to know where Dean was?

          The area could have been several miles around or it could have been a store or Post Office....Dean's Chapel is the same way... large area or just an area around a Church.

          The Dutton area would be close, I think???

          <williet_6757@-...> wrote:

          > I'm looking for the Thomas folks. Thanks for the reply.
          >
          > frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert200-0@...> wrote: There
          is a Dean Chapel Cemetery On sand mountain T5s R8E Sec 8 Some
          > names are mcguire,
          > corbin,dean,-elliott,mckenzie-,millican,-ragsdale,-thomas.
          > --- In HYPERLINK
          "mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com"jacksongenealogy@-yahoogroups.-co
          m, "Mark" <williet_6757@->
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm still looking for Dean. Don't know if it was a community or
          post
          > > office or store or what. BUT it was a census area.Anyone able to
          help
          > > me as to the location of Dean?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Mark

          12:09 PM

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          12:09 PM

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
            It is obvious that George W. THOMAS lived most of his adult life on Sand
            Mountain, Alabama. In 1900 he and his family were living in Graham, Dekalb
            County, Alabama, 1910 they were living in the Corinth PCT 25 Dekalb County,
            Al. and 1930 Dean PCT. of Jackson County. This PCT covered roads to Pisgah,
            Dutton, Valley Head and several other areas on the Mountain. Hopes this
            helps. I would guess he is buried on the mountain also.

            Regina

            _____

            HYPERLINK
            "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=172427/grpspId=1705040837/msgId=
            9193/stime=1199203341/nc1=5028927/nc2=4776370/nc3=4840956"

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            12:09 PM

          • rgpipes@hughes.net
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
              I'm not looking for any THOMAS families. I usually just try to help when I
              can. I do know that there is still several THOMAS families on Sand Mountain
              area. My husband worked with a lady that married a THOMAS from there, her
              name is Beruma THOMAS (not sure of her spelling) and her husband had a
              brother Danny THOMAS who worked my my husband's father on the mountain at
              Powell Cross Roads in a lace mill.

              Good Luck.
              Regina

              _____

              From: HYPERLINK
              "mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com"jacksongenealogy@-yahoogroups.-co
              looking for George Washington Thomas,b.1856---d.aft.1930; and Julia A.
              Thomas,b.1864---d.aft.1930.--...last record is 1930,Dean,Jackson
              County,Al.Children in 1900 are
              Roena J.,b.1884
              William A.,b.1886
              Ida B. b.1889
              Mary C. b.1892
              Rufie A. b.1894
              Dora b.1900
              In 1910...Beuna B. is added..b.1910

              Thanks,
              Mark

              frances_lambert2000 <HYPERLINK
              "mailto:frances_-lambert2000%-40yahoo.com"HYPERLINK

              <williet_6757@--...> wrote:

              > I'm looking for the Thomas folks. Thanks for the reply.
              >
              > frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert200--0@...> wrote: There
              is a Dean Chapel Cemetery On sand mountain T5s R8E Sec 8 Some
              > names are mcguire,
              > corbin,dean,--elliott,-mckenzie--,millican,--ragsdale,--thomas.
              > --- In HYPERLINK
              "mailto:jacksongene-alogy%40yahoogro-ups.com"jacksong-enealogy@--yahoogroups
              .--co
              m, "Mark" <williet_6757@-->
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm still looking for Dean. Don't know if it was a community or
              post
              > > office or store or what. BUT it was a census area.Anyone able to
              help
              > > me as to the location of Dean?
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > Mark

              12:09 PM

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              12:09 PM

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              12:09 PM

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              12:09 PM

            • mark thomas
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
                I just read through ALL the lists of ALL the folks in Jackson Co. cemeterys and didn't see him. There was one in a cemetery around Russell Cave, but this one didn't seem to fit and it's the wrong location.

                I'll keep looking.

                Thanks so much,

                Mark

                ps...I did find another ancestor, William Carroll Thomas, WC Thomas, in the Union cemetery at Woodville.....Same last name, but different line...he's on my mother's side....Wright, Kennamer, Selvedge, Walls.....

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
                  Mark

                  To find Dean Chapel and Dean Chapel Cemetery's location google ADAH, click on For Genealogists and Historians, click on Database of newspapers, maps, photos, click on Map Database, scroll down to Alabama- counties, enter Jackson, scroll down to CD-0194, click here and then select map, click on Sylvania Quadrangle, enlarge the map and at top center are Dean Chapel, nearby is Happy Home Church and about 1/2 south of Dean Chapel is Dean Chapel Cemetery.

                  On Yahoo Maps Dean Chapel is on AL Highway 40 and just past County Road 22 just as HWY 40 turns NW and about 3 miles from the Jackson/De Kalb Co line and 3 1/2 miles West of Henagar in De Kalb Co. Enter Bowmans Crossroads Alabama in the Yahoo Maps search as it is just to the east of Dean Chapel. This is all on top of Sand Mountain.

                • mark thomas
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
                    Thanks Clay,
                    I know the Dean Chapel area, but I don't know if that's the Dean of the 1930 census. The folks I'm looking for are not listed on any cemetery log, so I don't know if they even stayed in the area after the 1930 census....BUT...given their ages, I believe they would be there.

                    Thanks to all for your help.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
                      This could be your George W. Thomas buried in Nt. Carmel Cemetery off county
                      road 75 in Bridgeport, Alabama the age is very close.

                      Thomas, no dates on headstone infant of Roy &
                      Yvonne
                      Thomas, no dates on headstone infant of Roy &
                      Yvonne
                      Thomas, no dates on headstone infant of Roy &
                      Yvonne
                      Thomas, no dates on headstone infant of Roy &
                      Yvonne
                      Alfred Jackson
                      "Jack" Thomas 11-16-1920 10-12-1972 PFC U.S. Army WWII,
                      (Ararvla) Thomas 1-1876 5-1922 very hard to read,
                      probably not spelled this way
                      Aaron E. Thomas 5-31-1900 1-2-1969
                      Arthur L. Thomas 2-26-1906 9-10-1994
                      Betty Walker Thomas 5-13-1924 no date
                      Bruce Alvis Thomas 8-16-1903 2-5-1978 Pfc. U.S. Army WWII
                      Collins George Thomas 3-15-1911 9-1-1974 Pfc. U.S. Army
                      David Randle Thomas no date 1-9-1954 baby
                      Dock Thomas 1912 1936
                      Edna Burrows Thomas 4-19-1924 4-23-1987
                      Edward William.
                      "Rooster" Thomas 5-2-1908 5-18-1972
                      Elizabeth Short Thomas 11-3-1924 no date married 6-5-1943,
                      wife of Horace L. Thomas
                      Ernest A. Thomas 4-1-1896 12-22-1942
                      Fred Vernon Thomas 8-26-1926 1-8-1993 S1 U.S. NavyWWII
                      Garl Thomas 7-2-1894 5-10-1972 Pvt. Co. L. 306 Eng.
                      WWI
                      G.W. Thomas 1853 1943
                      George M. Thomas 8-24-1865 10-5-1950
                      Gwendolyn Kay Thomas 7-18-1940 no date wife of Lindsay
                      Walker Thomas Jr.
                      married 12-24-1956
                      Horace L. Thomas 1-14-1918 2-1-1995 Tec 4 U.S. Army
                      WWII
                      James Edward
                      "Big Ed" Thomas 10-1-1918 2-14-1973
                      James Elliott Thomas 12-7-1923 12-7-1923
                      James Lawler Thomas 1832 1-20-1915 Pvt. Co. F 55 Al.
                      Inf. CSA
                      Jay Demmet Thomas 1858 1924 Joseph Demmet Thomas, born
                      March 12, 1858
                      died Nov. 1924, Married 2-28-1889 (Lina Jenkins)
                      Jessie Rollins Thomas 6-2-1913 9-13-1992
                      J.M. Thomas 5-21-1866 6-15-1900
                      Joann Thomas 10-2-1937 2-11-1995
                      Joe J. Thomas 1875 1948 Co. K. Al. Inf. CSA
                      Joe John Thomas 11-3-1942 7-3-1998 PFC U.S. Army
                      John A. Thomas 8-1871 10-1926
                      Kate A. Thomas 7-17-1909 12-28-1989
                      Lawrence Curt Thomas 11-18-1925 12-5-1972
                      Leslie "Les" Thomas 9-18-1917 10-31-1971
                      Lina Jenkins Thomas 1869 1911 Paulina Ellen Jenkins
                      Thomas, born 11-19-1869
                      died 3-2-1911, married 2-28-1889
                      Lindsey Thomas 3-13-1908 1-14-1960
                      Lindsay Walker Thomas Jr. 6-17-1937 4-10-2002
                      Louis Elmer Thomas only date 9-2-1924 Al. Fireman 2 CL USN
                      RF
                      Lucy Thomas 1879 1943
                      Margarett Daly Thomas 1-15-1916 7-2-1919
                      Margarette E.
                      Waddell Thomas 11-10-1860 9-23-1912
                      Margaret W. Thomas 4-26-1908 8-17-1973
                      Mary Cantrell Thomas 5-11-1884 5-19-1966
                      Mary Frances Thomas 9-25-1926 9-29-1926
                      Mary Helen Thomas 7-6-1897 12-8-1978
                      Margaret L. Thomas 5-16-1931 11-12-2000
                      Mason Thomas 10-23-1843 4-25-1925 Pvt. Co. G 3rd Cav.
                      CSA
                      Ray K. Thomas 12-5-1928 no date
                      Robert Alvis Thomas 12-7-1923 7-24-2002
                      Roy Hugh Thomas 4-24-1905 12-11-1971
                      Susan J. Thomas 9-17-1833 3-6-1913
                      Tennie C. Thomas 4-13-1869 9-16-1950
                      Virgil James Thomas 2-9-1902 3-26-1966
                      W. Edward Thomas 5-31-1873 10-17-1947
                      Walter Thomas 1-21-1932 9-2-1993
                      William D. Thomas 5-23-1917 8-7-1947 WWII
                      William G. Thomas 5-23-1917 8-22-1944 Pvt. 80 Regt. FA TNG
                      Center Tennessee WWII
                      William H. Thomas 5-1-1832 5-23-1910 husband of Susan J.
                      Thomas,
                      married 2-17-1856, CSA
                      William Tracy Thomas 2-8-1898 8-7-1947
                      Yvonne Triplett Thomas 10-16-1908 9-4-1992

                      _____

                      From: HYPERLINK

                      <williet_6757@--...> wrote:

                      > I'm looking for the Thomas folks. Thanks for the reply.
                      >
                      > frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert200--0@...> wrote: There
                      is a Dean Chapel Cemetery On sand mountain T5s R8E Sec 8 Some
                      > names are mcguire,
                      > corbin,dean,--elliott,-mckenzie--,millican,--ragsdale,--thomas.
                      > --- In HYPERLINK
                      "mailto:jacksongene-alogy%40yahoogro-ups.com"jacksong-enealogy@--yahoogroups
                      .--co
                      m, "Mark" <williet_6757@-->
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I'm still looking for Dean. Don't know if it was a community or
                      post
                      > > office or store or what. BUT it was a census area.Anyone able to
                      help
                      > > me as to the location of Dean?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks,
                      > > Mark

                      12:09 PM

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                      12:09 PM

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                      12:09 PM

                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                      12:09 PM

                    • lewatkins
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 3, 2008
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 4, 2008
                          Please send me this line of Thomas as I'm not familiar with Mary Parrott Thomas.

                          My e-mail is williet_6757@....

                          I am related to at least two seperate lines in Jackson co. The William Carroll Thomas line from Thomas Cove near Kennamer Cove and the John Jack Thomas line from Cherokee co. and Ga.

                          Thanks,
                          Mark