Re: Dean ????? Jackson county...circa...1930

  • frances_lambert2000
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 31, 2007
      These are the Thomas That are buried in Deans Chapel Cem.
      Olive Thomas B:8-3-1893 D:12-29-1947
      Charles A Thomas B:5-2-1866 D:12-13-1940
      Mattie E Thomas B:1-31-1867 D:7-11-1937
      John Marshall Thomas B:6-8-1911 D1-14-1990
      Hope This Helps

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, mark thomas
      <williet_6757@...> wrote:

      > I'm looking for the Thomas folks. Thanks for the reply.
      >
      > frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...> wrote: There
      is a Dean Chapel Cemetery On sand mountain T5s R8E Sec 8 Some
      > names are mcguire,
      > corbin,dean,elliott,mckenzie,millican,ragsdale,thomas.
      > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <williet_6757@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm still looking for Dean. Don't know if it was a community or
      post
      > > office or store or what. BUT it was a census area.Anyone able to
      help
      > > me as to the location of Dean?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Mark

    • mark thomas
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
        looking for George Washington Thomas,b.1856-d.aft.1930; and Julia A. Thomas,b.1864-d.aft.1930....last record is 1930,Dean,Jackson County,Al.Children in 1900 are
        Roena J.,b.1884
        William A.,b.1886
        Ida B. b.1889
        Mary C. b.1892
        Rufie A. b.1894
        Dora b.1900
        In 1910...Beuna B. is added..b.1910

        Thanks,
        Mark

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
          I don't know if anyone ever answered the question of where Dean in Jackson
          County was BUT I would also like to know. I looked at the 1930 census for
          George W. THOMAS and it does say that the census were in Dean but I forgot
          the precinct. Looks like they lived on Pisgah Rpad but can't make out the
          other name on the road. On another census it says Henager Road and I casn't
          make out the other name. Could Dean have been out of Stevenson/Bridgeport
          area going up the mountain that way? I really don't know that much about
          that area.

          Regina

          _____

          looking for George Washington Thomas,b.1856--d.aft.1930; and Julia A.
          Thomas,b.1864--d.aft.1930.-...last record is 1930,Dean,Jackson
          County,Al.Children in 1900 are
          Roena J.,b.1884
          William A.,b.1886
          Ida B. b.1889
          Mary C. b.1892
          Rufie A. b.1894
          Dora b.1900
          In 1910...Beuna B. is added..b.1910

          Thanks,
          Mark

          frances_lambert2000 <HYPERLINK
          "mailto:frances_lambert2000%40yahoo.com"frances_lambert2000-@...>
          wrote:
          These are the Thomas That are buried in Deans Chapel Cem.
          Olive Thomas B:8-3-1893 D:12-29-1947
          Charles A Thomas B:5-2-1866 D:12-13-1940
          Mattie E Thomas B:1-31-1867 D:7-11-1937
          John Marshall Thomas B:6-8-1911 D1-14-1990
          Hope This Helps

          --- In HYPERLINK
          "mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com"jacksongenealogy@-yahoogroups.-co
          m, mark thomas

          m, "Mark" <williet_6757@->
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm still looking for Dean. Don't know if it was a community or
          post
          > > office or store or what. BUT it was a census area.Anyone able to
          help
          > > me as to the location of Dean?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Mark

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          12:09 PM

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          12:09 PM

        • mark thomas
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
            Are you looking for GW Thomas too, or just interested to know where Dean was?

            The area could have been several miles around or it could have been a store or Post Office....Dean's Chapel is the same way... large area or just an area around a Church.

            The Dutton area would be close, I think???

            <williet_6757@-...> wrote:

            > I'm looking for the Thomas folks. Thanks for the reply.
            >
            > frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert200-0@...> wrote: There
            is a Dean Chapel Cemetery On sand mountain T5s R8E Sec 8 Some
            > names are mcguire,
            > corbin,dean,-elliott,mckenzie-,millican,-ragsdale,-thomas.
            > --- In HYPERLINK
            "mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com"jacksongenealogy@-yahoogroups.-co
            m, "Mark" <williet_6757@->
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm still looking for Dean. Don't know if it was a community or
            post
            > > office or store or what. BUT it was a census area.Anyone able to
            help
            > > me as to the location of Dean?
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Mark

            12:09 PM

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            12:09 PM

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
              It is obvious that George W. THOMAS lived most of his adult life on Sand
              Mountain, Alabama. In 1900 he and his family were living in Graham, Dekalb
              County, Alabama, 1910 they were living in the Corinth PCT 25 Dekalb County,
              Al. and 1930 Dean PCT. of Jackson County. This PCT covered roads to Pisgah,
              Dutton, Valley Head and several other areas on the Mountain. Hopes this
              helps. I would guess he is buried on the mountain also.

              Regina

              _____

              HYPERLINK
              "http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=172427/grpspId=1705040837/msgId=
              9193/stime=1199203341/nc1=5028927/nc2=4776370/nc3=4840956"

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              12:09 PM

            • rgpipes@hughes.net
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
                I'm not looking for any THOMAS families. I usually just try to help when I
                can. I do know that there is still several THOMAS families on Sand Mountain
                area. My husband worked with a lady that married a THOMAS from there, her
                name is Beruma THOMAS (not sure of her spelling) and her husband had a
                brother Danny THOMAS who worked my my husband's father on the mountain at
                Powell Cross Roads in a lace mill.

                Good Luck.
                Regina

                _____

                From: HYPERLINK
                "mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com"jacksongenealogy@-yahoogroups.-co
                looking for George Washington Thomas,b.1856---d.aft.1930; and Julia A.
                Thomas,b.1864---d.aft.1930.--...last record is 1930,Dean,Jackson
                County,Al.Children in 1900 are
                Roena J.,b.1884
                William A.,b.1886
                Ida B. b.1889
                Mary C. b.1892
                Rufie A. b.1894
                Dora b.1900
                In 1910...Beuna B. is added..b.1910

                Thanks,
                Mark

                frances_lambert2000 <HYPERLINK
                "mailto:frances_-lambert2000%-40yahoo.com"HYPERLINK

                <williet_6757@--...> wrote:

                > I'm looking for the Thomas folks. Thanks for the reply.
                >
                > frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert200--0@...> wrote: There
                is a Dean Chapel Cemetery On sand mountain T5s R8E Sec 8 Some
                > names are mcguire,
                > corbin,dean,--elliott,-mckenzie--,millican,--ragsdale,--thomas.
                > --- In HYPERLINK
                "mailto:jacksongene-alogy%40yahoogro-ups.com"jacksong-enealogy@--yahoogroups
                .--co
                m, "Mark" <williet_6757@-->
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm still looking for Dean. Don't know if it was a community or
                post
                > > office or store or what. BUT it was a census area.Anyone able to
                help
                > > me as to the location of Dean?
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > Mark

                12:09 PM

                Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                12:09 PM

                Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                12:09 PM

                Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                12:09 PM

              • mark thomas
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
                  I just read through ALL the lists of ALL the folks in Jackson Co. cemeterys and didn't see him. There was one in a cemetery around Russell Cave, but this one didn't seem to fit and it's the wrong location.

                  I'll keep looking.

                  Thanks so much,

                  Mark

                  ps...I did find another ancestor, William Carroll Thomas, WC Thomas, in the Union cemetery at Woodville.....Same last name, but different line...he's on my mother's side....Wright, Kennamer, Selvedge, Walls.....

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
                    Mark

                    To find Dean Chapel and Dean Chapel Cemetery's location google ADAH, click on For Genealogists and Historians, click on Database of newspapers, maps, photos, click on Map Database, scroll down to Alabama- counties, enter Jackson, scroll down to CD-0194, click here and then select map, click on Sylvania Quadrangle, enlarge the map and at top center are Dean Chapel, nearby is Happy Home Church and about 1/2 south of Dean Chapel is Dean Chapel Cemetery.

                    On Yahoo Maps Dean Chapel is on AL Highway 40 and just past County Road 22 just as HWY 40 turns NW and about 3 miles from the Jackson/De Kalb Co line and 3 1/2 miles West of Henagar in De Kalb Co. Enter Bowmans Crossroads Alabama in the Yahoo Maps search as it is just to the east of Dean Chapel. This is all on top of Sand Mountain.

                  • mark thomas
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
                      Thanks Clay,
                      I know the Dean Chapel area, but I don't know if that's the Dean of the 1930 census. The folks I'm looking for are not listed on any cemetery log, so I don't know if they even stayed in the area after the 1930 census....BUT...given their ages, I believe they would be there.

                      Thanks to all for your help.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 1, 2008
                        This could be your George W. Thomas buried in Nt. Carmel Cemetery off county
                        road 75 in Bridgeport, Alabama the age is very close.

                        Thomas, no dates on headstone infant of Roy &
                        Yvonne
                        Thomas, no dates on headstone infant of Roy &
                        Yvonne
                        Thomas, no dates on headstone infant of Roy &
                        Yvonne
                        Thomas, no dates on headstone infant of Roy &
                        Yvonne
                        Alfred Jackson
                        "Jack" Thomas 11-16-1920 10-12-1972 PFC U.S. Army WWII,
                        (Ararvla) Thomas 1-1876 5-1922 very hard to read,
                        probably not spelled this way
                        Aaron E. Thomas 5-31-1900 1-2-1969
                        Arthur L. Thomas 2-26-1906 9-10-1994
                        Betty Walker Thomas 5-13-1924 no date
                        Bruce Alvis Thomas 8-16-1903 2-5-1978 Pfc. U.S. Army WWII
                        Collins George Thomas 3-15-1911 9-1-1974 Pfc. U.S. Army
                        David Randle Thomas no date 1-9-1954 baby
                        Dock Thomas 1912 1936
                        Edna Burrows Thomas 4-19-1924 4-23-1987
                        Edward William.
                        "Rooster" Thomas 5-2-1908 5-18-1972
                        Elizabeth Short Thomas 11-3-1924 no date married 6-5-1943,
                        wife of Horace L. Thomas
                        Ernest A. Thomas 4-1-1896 12-22-1942
                        Fred Vernon Thomas 8-26-1926 1-8-1993 S1 U.S. NavyWWII
                        Garl Thomas 7-2-1894 5-10-1972 Pvt. Co. L. 306 Eng.
                        WWI
                        G.W. Thomas 1853 1943
                        George M. Thomas 8-24-1865 10-5-1950
                        Gwendolyn Kay Thomas 7-18-1940 no date wife of Lindsay
                        Walker Thomas Jr.
                        married 12-24-1956
                        Horace L. Thomas 1-14-1918 2-1-1995 Tec 4 U.S. Army
                        WWII
                        James Edward
                        "Big Ed" Thomas 10-1-1918 2-14-1973
                        James Elliott Thomas 12-7-1923 12-7-1923
                        James Lawler Thomas 1832 1-20-1915 Pvt. Co. F 55 Al.
                        Inf. CSA
                        Jay Demmet Thomas 1858 1924 Joseph Demmet Thomas, born
                        March 12, 1858
                        died Nov. 1924, Married 2-28-1889 (Lina Jenkins)
                        Jessie Rollins Thomas 6-2-1913 9-13-1992
                        J.M. Thomas 5-21-1866 6-15-1900
                        Joann Thomas 10-2-1937 2-11-1995
                        Joe J. Thomas 1875 1948 Co. K. Al. Inf. CSA
                        Joe John Thomas 11-3-1942 7-3-1998 PFC U.S. Army
                        John A. Thomas 8-1871 10-1926
                        Kate A. Thomas 7-17-1909 12-28-1989
                        Lawrence Curt Thomas 11-18-1925 12-5-1972
                        Leslie "Les" Thomas 9-18-1917 10-31-1971
                        Lina Jenkins Thomas 1869 1911 Paulina Ellen Jenkins
                        Thomas, born 11-19-1869
                        died 3-2-1911, married 2-28-1889
                        Lindsey Thomas 3-13-1908 1-14-1960
                        Lindsay Walker Thomas Jr. 6-17-1937 4-10-2002
                        Louis Elmer Thomas only date 9-2-1924 Al. Fireman 2 CL USN
                        RF
                        Lucy Thomas 1879 1943
                        Margarett Daly Thomas 1-15-1916 7-2-1919
                        Margarette E.
                        Waddell Thomas 11-10-1860 9-23-1912
                        Margaret W. Thomas 4-26-1908 8-17-1973
                        Mary Cantrell Thomas 5-11-1884 5-19-1966
                        Mary Frances Thomas 9-25-1926 9-29-1926
                        Mary Helen Thomas 7-6-1897 12-8-1978
                        Margaret L. Thomas 5-16-1931 11-12-2000
                        Mason Thomas 10-23-1843 4-25-1925 Pvt. Co. G 3rd Cav.
                        CSA
                        Ray K. Thomas 12-5-1928 no date
                        Robert Alvis Thomas 12-7-1923 7-24-2002
                        Roy Hugh Thomas 4-24-1905 12-11-1971
                        Susan J. Thomas 9-17-1833 3-6-1913
                        Tennie C. Thomas 4-13-1869 9-16-1950
                        Virgil James Thomas 2-9-1902 3-26-1966
                        W. Edward Thomas 5-31-1873 10-17-1947
                        Walter Thomas 1-21-1932 9-2-1993
                        William D. Thomas 5-23-1917 8-7-1947 WWII
                        William G. Thomas 5-23-1917 8-22-1944 Pvt. 80 Regt. FA TNG
                        Center Tennessee WWII
                        William H. Thomas 5-1-1832 5-23-1910 husband of Susan J.
                        Thomas,
                        married 2-17-1856, CSA
                        William Tracy Thomas 2-8-1898 8-7-1947
                        Yvonne Triplett Thomas 10-16-1908 9-4-1992

                        _____

                        From: HYPERLINK

                        <williet_6757@--...> wrote:

                        > I'm looking for the Thomas folks. Thanks for the reply.
                        >
                        > frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert200--0@...> wrote: There
                        is a Dean Chapel Cemetery On sand mountain T5s R8E Sec 8 Some
                        > names are mcguire,
                        > corbin,dean,--elliott,-mckenzie--,millican,--ragsdale,--thomas.
                        > --- In HYPERLINK
                        "mailto:jacksongene-alogy%40yahoogro-ups.com"jacksong-enealogy@--yahoogroups
                        .--co
                        m, "Mark" <williet_6757@-->
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I'm still looking for Dean. Don't know if it was a community or
                        post
                        > > office or store or what. BUT it was a census area.Anyone able to
                        help
                        > > me as to the location of Dean?
                        > >
                        > > Thanks,
                        > > Mark

                        12:09 PM

                        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                        12:09 PM

                        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                        12:09 PM

                        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                        12:09 PM

                      • lewatkins
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 3, 2008
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 4, 2008
                            Please send me this line of Thomas as I'm not familiar with Mary Parrott Thomas.

                            My e-mail is williet_6757@....

                            I am related to at least two seperate lines in Jackson co. The William Carroll Thomas line from Thomas Cove near Kennamer Cove and the John Jack Thomas line from Cherokee co. and Ga.

                            Thanks,
                            Mark