Ready family

  • Pam Cain
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2007
      Hi,

      Is anyone on the list researching the Ready family?

      I found one in the 1830 census for Jackson County.

      Ready is one of my brick walls.

      I have an ancestor, Mary Catherine Ready, b 1830 AL.

      She married 1846 in Noxubee MS to Reuben Prewitt/Pruitt, and was on the 1850 census in Washington Co., TX.

      He died, and she married my ancestor, Gabe Hamilton.

      Gabe was the son of Russell Hamilton from Jackson Co (1830), Marshall Co (1840), and then Itawamba MS by 1850.

      So, it might be coincidence they married in Texas, but, maybe the families knew each other. They obviously went AL>MS and eventually to TX.

      The only Ready/Reedy I found in Noxubee that might fit is the William Ready line.

      Any clues are appreciated...

      Thanks
      Pam