RE: "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers"

  • Anne Rohr
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2001

      Does anyone know where I can order the book “Paint Rock Valley Pioneers” by Kittye Vandiver Henshaw, Evelyn Smith Rockell and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver?  What is the cost?  I would very much like to obtain this book as several of my lines were prominent in this and surrounding areas.  I know that there is a lot of information on the Padgett family in it, and hopefully there might be some information on the Morgan family or the Snodgrass family.  I would greatly appreciate information.  I believe someone mentioned a place on this forum once about where you could sign up to get the book, but I have misplaced that information.

      Thanks for your help.  Anne

    • Tammy Hastings
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2001
        Anne,
        I don't know for sure, but I figure the Huntsville
        Library could order you the book. I don't have the
        phone number, but you could call directary and ask for
        Huntsville Library in Huntsville, Al. I believe they
        only have the one library or that is all I have ever
        seen.
        Or you might check out this webpage, it might have the
        number. I have only browsed thru this page and have
        not check it all out yet.
        http://huntsville.about.com/cs/genealogy1/index.htm
        Tammy

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • chaarles vanzant
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2001
          Ann Do you have any information on Talitha Snodgrass?
          Judy Vanzant
          arras@...
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 13, 2001
            Kittye Vandiver Shaver has passed away, Evelyn Rochelle and Addie Shaver can be reached through "Valley Leaves" The TN Valley Genealogical Society, Inc. Huntsville, AL.

            You may be able to send an email to http://hiwaay.net/~white/TVGS/tvgs.html  and ask how you can get in touch with them personally.  As far as I can find out it is out of print.

            You may also try to contact Ms. Kittye Henshaw's son Robert Henshaw bhenshaw@...  to see if he knows about when and if the book will be printed again.

            One last thought, you can also get in touch with Dorothy Scott Johnson, editor of  Valley Leaves, dsjohnson@... and I'm sure she can tell you about the possibility of "Paint Rock Valley Pioneers" will be published again or who can give you the inf.

            You can also tell them that I referred you to these addresses.
            Jewel Casey
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 3, 2003
              Anyone needing info about this book can get in touch with Dorothy
              Scott Johnson who lives in Huntsville and has knowledge about the
              authors. We really need to see if someone could do a reprint of this
              wonderful book. It has been so much help to all of us who were able
              to purchase it. Please contact Dorothy to see if this can be done.
              dsjohnso@...

              She also works at the Huntsville Library History Room.

              Thanks
              Jewel