Messages

  • CAROLYN COLE
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 6, 2007
      Clay,

      For the past week I have not received any messages.

      Carolyn Martin Cole

    • purplecraze38@charter.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 6, 2007
        Clay, I haven't either, Regina

        ---- CAROLYN COLE <bobbye_carolyn@...> wrote:
        > Clay,
        >
        > For the past week I have not received any messages.
        >
        > Carolyn Martin Cole

      • Regina Pipes
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 6, 2007
          Carolyn, I don�t think there has been much traffic in the Jackson County
          list in a week or so, it seems to go in spurts.

          Regina

          Searching for GOLD, GRIDER, SMITH, COOLEY, WININGER

          _____

          For the past week I have not received any messages.

          Carolyn Martin Cole

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          8:36 AM

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          8:36 AM

        • Regina Pipes
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 6, 2007
            Just a reminder that the families of James William �Preacher Will or J W�
            COOLEY and Lucinda �Annie� Jane SMITH are having their family reunion this
            Saturday, Sept. 8 at Kennamers Trading Post in Woodville starting at 10:00
            am and going till 4:00 pm. Hope all family members come and join the fun.

            Regina GRIDER Pipes

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            8:36 AM

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            8:36 AM

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 6, 2007
              Carolyn

              Apparently everyone took a week off for Labor Day. No messages posted.

            • Eulonda Owens

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 7, 2007
                  My great grandfather was Elijah P. GOLD and my grandmother was his daughter
                  Martha Louisa GOLD that married Francis "Frank" Marion GRIDER. I think
                  that everyone is using the information from Ray GOLD's book "Traces Of
                  Gold". Ray will be the first to tell you there is mistakes in his research.
                  I think some of his information came from someone else that wrote a book but
                  can't think of their name off hand. I don't use any information until I can
                  see the original information. My niece is trying to get into the DAR and
                  like you is running into road blocks without proof by paper trail. I think
                  one of the GOLD'S married an Indian.

                  I have to run now but would love to hear from you. Which GOLD are you
                  related to?

                  Regina

                  _____

                  Regina Pipes <HYPERLINK "mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net"rgpipes@hughes.-net>

                  From: HYPERLINK
                  "mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com"jacksongenealogy@-yahoogroups.-co
                  For the past week I have not received any messages.

                  Carolyn Martin Cole

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  8:36 AM

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  8:36 AM

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  10:36 PM

                  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  10:36 PM

                • Eulonda Owens
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 7, 2007
                    My grandmother Minnie Gold Pendergraft was the daughter of Hiram Newton Gold son of Peter Holland Gold. Some of the family think that Hiram Newton's wife (Edna Isabella Harris Casey/Cazy) was Indian. Her marriage bond was paid and witnessed by David Zachariah Gold, (Hiram's brother).

                    My grandfather's (Pendergraft/Pendergrass) mother was also a Gold. Sarah Emma Gold, daughter of David Z. Gold and Sarah Elizabeth Flanagan. Emma married Jesse Green Pendergrass.
                    Your g grandfather was also the son of Peter Holland correct?
                    These two lines run together at that point or at least with Thomas Gold,
                    ggg grandfather from both sides.
                    There is no reason to think that Thomas Gold wasn't the son of Michael Gold but we have no papers to prove it. I know the DAR association erected a monument with Michael Gold's name on it. I believe that chapter of the DAR was out of Lewisburg, Tn. Maybe your niece and I can run this to ground.
                    Don't tax yourself on this, I've been going at it for over a year. Just thought we might have a few threads or family photos that we could share.
                    Yes I have gotten some of my info from Ray Gold. We correspond regularly.

                    From: HYPERLINK

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 7, 2007
                      My great grandfather Elijah P GOLD was the son of Peter H. GOLD and Rachael
                      PHILLIPS. All the children older than Elijah were the children of Rachael
                      PHILLIPS. Rachel must have died during childbirth with Elijah or shortly
                      after. I ordered Peter H GOLD'S military records and it confirmed that he
                      is first wife was Rachael. I had been told this but couldn't prove it until
                      I got his records.

                      I just recently found records where David Z GOLD petitioned the government
                      for repayment for merchandise that the government took from Peter H. GOLD
                      during the Civil War. Peter H GOLD had already died at this time.

                      It is late and I have to get ready for my COOLEY reunion tomorrow but I will
                      get back with you.

                      Regina

                      _____

                      From: HYPERLINK

                      From: HYPERLINK

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 8, 2007
                        Hi,

                        I have written here in a while. I am researching CARTER,COOPER, MONTROSE in
                        Jackson County.

                        William Montrose was superintendent of Jackson County Schools in the 1800's.
                        He and his wife taught at the College in Scottsboro. Any information on
                        William G. Montrose would be greatly appreciated.

                        Does anyone have any information about a shooting at the Bridgeport Ferry
                        where I believe the story is that James Clayton Cooper shot a man in self
                        defense? This probably happened in the 1920'1930's.

                        I am also trying to find the parents of William Alexander Barnett "WAB"
                        Carter any information there would be greatly appreciated.

                        Shelley Carter-Frady

                      • Regina Pipes
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 8, 2007
                          Just got home from our COOLEY (Families of James William and Annie SMITH
                          COOLEY) reunion that was held this year at KENNAMER COVE TRADING POST in
                          Woodville, Alabama. It isn't to far from Cathedral Caverns. What a great
                          place for the reunion. If you have never been there and are in the area you
                          should check it out. There is a lot of history in that building and the
                          cedar in the building came off the KENNAMER farm land. Wish you could smell
                          the place, it smells so good. I just can't describe it to give it justice.
                          They have a display of old photos of the area. Some of the photos were taken
                          by Jay GURLEY, the original owner of Cathedral Caverns. I was told that they
                          have two rooms that they rent for almost any event. They had plenty of
                          parking also. We had so much fun. One of the cousins, Danny STEWART
                          brought his guitar and we sang for a while. I think next year will even be
                          a little better since Danny broke the ice by bringing his guitar and sang.
                          Everyone really enjoyed it. Just had to share my excitement about KENNAMER
                          COVE TRADING POST. This was my first visit there but hope to go back and
                          check it out when I really have time to look around. They have a wall of
                          Buck heads, stuff bear, and other wild life on display and a beautiful
                          waterfall with rocks that were carried out of the mountains locally.

                          Thanks for listening to my rambling
                          Regina

                          Searching for COOLEY, GRIDER, STEWART, WALDEN, GOLD, WININGER

                          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                          1:24 PM