Re: [jacksongenealogy] LEDBETTER, Mollie (Mary)

  • paula stockebrand
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 5, 2007
      Hi Regina,
      Thank you for the Pittman names...I have ancestors born around 1820s and on one census year they both say born in Tennessee..the next census it is ALABAMA birth.
      Jackson County was actually part of Tennesee at first, that's why some of our ancestors listed their place of birth as Tennessee if they were born between 1816-1820 in Jackson County, AL.
      Paula

    • Helen Lopez
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 20, 2011
        Thank you very much Ms. Chambless for the info regarding Jackson County History by J. R. Kennamer.

        The store that has a copy deals in used books and they only have one used copy that is in excellent condition and have it priced at $50.00.  Glad I didn't go ahead and buy it.

        I have also received info that the Library in Scottsboro and the Heritage House have copies for sale.  Will be going to Scottsboro next week and will stop by and see if I can't purchase one at the Library.

        Again, thank you for your assistance.

        Helen