RE: [jacksongenealogy] TVA Project

  • Earl T. Reed
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2007
      Billy,

      TVA has a national office in the Washington D. C. area that is very happy to
      supply information to anyone doing research. I called them one time when I
      was there on a business trip, and they sent a large envelope of information.

      There are several books published on the early TVA projects.

      I vaguely remember the Widow's Creek going into operation in the early
      1950's, but not well enough to be aware of any incidents such as you
      mention.

      Earl Reed
      Formerly of Limrock in Jackson County.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2007
        Hi Earl,
        I was on the phone with Houston and asked how many people in Alabama had submitted DNA for genealogy research, and they looked up the number..
        3,000...kits...(two are my DNA kits) Have you done this on your line?
        I found out we are not Walls at all, but Pittman!!! Any Pittmans on this group?
        Anyway, thanks Earl for the help with Limerock and the median or meridian and baselines....
        Paula

      • cagle8185@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2007
          Billy

          My dad worked on the project but I was only 11 in 1951. My dad has passed
          away. I worked for a contractor on the second faze of the project but this
          was in 1958. One man fell from the top of the construction in 1958 and was
          killed but this was later than your incident.

          Are you kin to Willie and Ken Maynor?

          Bill Cagle