Re: [jacksongenealogy] LEDBETTER, Mollie (Mary)

  • Linda Wilson
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 3, 2007
      Question??? Are you sure Mollie Bradford was a Ledbetter?
      If so I will search in Tenn. I had stuck to Alabama because that was what we thought.
      In 1860, there was an Alfred and Mahala Ledbetter in Bedfort County, Tenn.
      Not sure if they are the same ones in Jackson County, Al in 1850.
      If you are sure she was a Ledbetter before she married I will search again when I get a chance.
      Linda

      Burton could have be killed in the Civil War. But could not find anything that placed him in the war. They were bad about using initials.

    • Helen Lopez
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 20, 2011
        Thank you very much Ms. Chambless for the info regarding Jackson County History by J. R. Kennamer.

        The store that has a copy deals in used books and they only have one used copy that is in excellent condition and have it priced at $50.00.  Glad I didn't go ahead and buy it.

        I have also received info that the Library in Scottsboro and the Heritage House have copies for sale.  Will be going to Scottsboro next week and will stop by and see if I can't purchase one at the Library.

        Again, thank you for your assistance.

        Helen