Re: [jacksongenealogy] LEDBETTER, Mollie (Mary)

  • purplecraze38@charter.net
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 3, 2007
      This Mollie's name was Margaret and her dad Burton disappeared after 1860 or 1870 Margaret, Missouri and Mollie are living in the household with Pleasant, Margaret's father-in-law. My Mollie on the census with Henry says she was born in Tennessee, I'm hoping that it was put down wrong and she was born in Alabama. My Mollie's Birth year also says around 1872-1873 according to the census and this Mollie is around 1862? If it comes down to this being the wrong Mollie we sure have done a lot of research on her for somebody. All I have figured out for sure is that her name was Mollie Ledbetter, she died in 1922 and she is buried at Old Baptist in Hollywood. I am putting all of this together and from all of the help we will hopefully figure it out. Thank you all so much. Regina

      ---- clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:
      > 1880 US Census
      > Township 3 Range 6 Dist 112, Jackson Co. AL
      >
      > House 184 Family 188
      > D. C. Hays 33 Head Farmer AL NC VA
      > Margret 38 Wife Housekeeper AL TN TN
      > Will 7 Son AL AL AL
      > Dave 4 Son AL AL AL
      > Laline 1 Dau AL AL AL
      > Mary Ledbetter 17 Step-Dau AL AL AL
      >
      > Mollie is the old nickname for Mary.
      >
      > Clay

    • Helen Lopez
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 20, 2011
        Thank you very much Ms. Chambless for the info regarding Jackson County History by J. R. Kennamer.

        The store that has a copy deals in used books and they only have one used copy that is in excellent condition and have it priced at $50.00.  Glad I didn't go ahead and buy it.

        I have also received info that the Library in Scottsboro and the Heritage House have copies for sale.  Will be going to Scottsboro next week and will stop by and see if I can't purchase one at the Library.

        Again, thank you for your assistance.

        Helen