Ledbetter & Bradford Census

  • alstbrch
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3 5:21 AM
      1850 Alabama: Jackson County: District 19
      Pleasant Ledbetter 41 NC farmer $2500
      Elizabeth 40 Missouri
      Jackson 17 Al
      Burton 15
      Drucilla 13
      Mary 11
      Martin 7
      Jarrett 5
      Clement 1

      1860 Alabama: Jackson County: Township 3 Range 7 East
      Household 61
      Pleasant Ledbetter 49 NC $1800 $1500
      Elizabeth 50 Missouri
      Mary 20 Alabama
      Martin 18
      Jarrett 16
      Clement 10
      James 7 (1853)

      Household 62
      Burton Ledbetter 22
      Margaret 19
      Missouri 2/12 months

      Bellefonte
      Jackson Ledbetter 25
      Margaret 19
      Francis 3 male
      Pleasant 3/12 months (1859 or 60)(This one
      married Alabama.)

      Jackson Ledbetter married Margarett E. Floyd on 17 April 1856 in
      Jackson County, Alabama by JP Joseph Minor OSP 304
      Francis W. Ledbetter married Sallie B Jones on 22 Dec 1875 in
      Jackson County, Alabama by JP

      1870 Alabama: Jackson County: Dist 6: Fickler : Mud Creek
      Household # 21
      Pleasant Ledbetter 60 NC
      Elizabeth 60 Missouri
      Clement C. 20 Al
      James K P 17
      Margaret 26
      Alabama 10
      Mollie P. 8

      Pleasant Ledbetter 19 Al (1851)
      Lucy 25 Al

      Terent Ledbetter married Lucy Davis on 19 May 1870 in Jackson
      County, Alabama by JP E. Stogsdill.

      1880 Alabama: Jackson
      Pleasant Ledbetter
      Elizabeth
      James Y Earls 21

      Household 29
      PM Ledbetter 20 (1860)
      Alabama 20
      Hetta 3 (? Hetty)
      Mary E 1

      Household # 152
      JKP Ledbetter 26 Al NC MO (i854)
      Nancy 22
      Mary E 4
      Nancy 2

      J R P Ledbetter married Nancy J. Smith on 4 Sept 1873 in Jackson
      County, Alabama by MO G

      Household # 153
      S A D Earls 19 Al Al VA cousin male

      Household # 155
      J P Ledbetter 29 (James Pleasant)
      Lucy 28
      James 10
      Lizzie 8
      A. K. Bradford married Lizzie Ledbetter on 3 Aug 1887 in Jackson
      County, Ala by JP Lewallen OSP 169

      Household # 157
      H Bradford 24 TN TN TN
      Elizabeth 22 Al TN TN
      Charles 4/12 months AL TN AL
      Alex 14 TN TN TN brother

      Household # 163
      Wm. Brownfield 21 AL AL TN
      H M Earls 14 AL AL VA male

      C C Ledbetter 30 AL NC MO

      C. C. Ledbetter married Theodosia Gay on 17 Dec 1885 in Jackson
      County by JP

      There was a Pleasant Ledbetter wife Cynthia in 1850 census. He was
      the son of Alfred Ledbetter (b NC in 1807) & Mahala. Do not find him
      in any other census. They may be the parents of James Pleasant
      Ledbetter.
      Alfred may have been the brother of Pleasant (b NC in1809.)

      1900 Alabama: Jackson County Precinct # 6 Fackler
      Henry Bradford 45 Dec 1854 Tn Tn Tn
      Mollie 27 Aug 1872 Tn TN Tn
      Charley 20 Jan 1880 Al
      Buster 15 Apr 1885 Al
      John R 11 Sept 1888 Al
      William A 8 April 1889 Al
      Jami F. 5 Aug 1894 Al daughter
      Henry 3 April 1897

      1910 Alabama: Jackson County: Precinct # 10 Hollywood
      Henry Bradford 55 Tn Tn Tn marriage 2 married 17 years
      Mollie 37 Tn Tn Tn marriage 1 married 17
      years 7 children born ; 7 children living
      John R 21
      ?? W 16 Son
      Jane E 14
      Henry R 12
      ?? W 10 Son
      Forrest 7
      Napolian 5
      Steven O 2

      next house
      Theodore Bradford 25 (Buster??)
      Annie 14 wife

      1920 Alabama : Jackson County: Hollywood
      Henry Bradford 65
      Morlde 47
      Janie 22
      Henry 20
      Ned 19
      Forest 16
      Napolian 14
      Steve 11
      Major 9

      Did not find Henry or Mollie in 1930 census.
      In 1910 there was another Mollie Bradford in Jackson County who was
      a widow.

      This is the census as I could read them the () are my opinion for
      what ever it is wotth.
      Linda
    • purplecraze38@charter.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 5:51 AM
        I appreciate your help so much, I will go over this and see if I can make sure that this Mollie Ledbetter is my Mollie that married Henry. The reason Mollie can't be found in 1930 is she died in 1922. She is buried at Old Baptist in Holywood. If you think of something else from this just let me know. Have a nice day, Regina

      • purplecraze38@charter.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3 5:51 AM