Re: [jacksongenealogy] LEDBETTER

  • purplecraze38@charter.net
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 2 11:10 AM
      JKP Ledbetter and Burton are brothers, sons of Pleasant and Elizabeth Ledbetter. Lizzie is the son of JKP Ledbetter so maybe Mollie is the daughter of Burton, but the dates and place of birth doesn't match. I tried to get Mollie's death certificate but they searched for three hours and they sent me a certificate that said failure to find. They said maybe her death wasn't turned in. Regina

      ---- Linda Wilson <alstbrch@...> wrote:
      > In the 1880 census which you can find on Familysearch.org for free
      > there is an H Bradford 24 & Elizabeth 22 Living with them is his brother Alex 14.
      >
      > 2 houses before that is Lizzie Ledbetter 8
      > A. K. Bradford married Lizzie Ledbetter 3 Aug 1887 in Jackson County, Ala.
      >
      > Linda

    • Helen Lopez
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 20, 2011
        Thank you very much Ms. Chambless for the info regarding Jackson County History by J. R. Kennamer.

        The store that has a copy deals in used books and they only have one used copy that is in excellent condition and have it priced at $50.00.  Glad I didn't go ahead and buy it.

        I have also received info that the Library in Scottsboro and the Heritage House have copies for sale.  Will be going to Scottsboro next week and will stop by and see if I can't purchase one at the Library.

        Again, thank you for your assistance.

        Helen