Re: [jacksongenealogy] LEDBETTER

  • purplecraze38@charter.net
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 1, 2007
      Is there a way to find divorces? My Mollie married Henry Bradford June 2, 1892. Henry first married Elizabeth Holder. Maybe this was the second marriage for both of them, Mollie and Henry. Thank you, Regina

      ---- clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

      > Jackson County Marriages
      >
      > P.M. Ledbetter m. Missouri?? Ledbetter 04 Apr 1876 JOP W.A.J. Mann OS Page 18 Note: should probably be JOP W.A. J. Wann
      >

      > Divid C. Hayes m. Margaret Ledbetter 07 Jan 1871 MOG William Wann OS Page 31
      >

      > Thomas Dodds m. Mollie B. Ledbetter Sep 1887 JOP W.A.J. Mann OS Page 188
      >
      > Missouri is listed as Alabama on the 1870. MOG William Wann is the Preacher living next to the Ledbetters on the 1870 Census.
      >
      > Clay

    • Helen Lopez
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 20, 2011
        Thank you very much Ms. Chambless for the info regarding Jackson County History by J. R. Kennamer.

        The store that has a copy deals in used books and they only have one used copy that is in excellent condition and have it priced at $50.00.  Glad I didn't go ahead and buy it.

        I have also received info that the Library in Scottsboro and the Heritage House have copies for sale.  Will be going to Scottsboro next week and will stop by and see if I can't purchase one at the Library.

        Again, thank you for your assistance.

        Helen