Re: [jacksongenealogy]Missouri Death certificates online

  • paula stockebrand
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 15 12:24 PM
      In case any of you have someone of interest who may have died in Mo. after 1910, the Mo. death certificates are now available on line from 1910-1950s, getting almost complete I think, and a great source. The secretary of State was from Rolla, and no doubt getting all the genealogist's votes, She is dau of Mel Carnahan, late Gov. who died in a plane crash some years ago.

    • Karl Plenge
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 15 12:30 PM
        > In case any of you have someone of interest who may have died in Mo.
        > after 1910, the Mo. death certificates are now available on line from
        > 1910-1950s, getting almost complete I think, and a great source. The
        > secretary of State was from Rolla, and no doubt getting all the
        > genealogist's votes, She is dau of Mel Carnahan, late Gov. who died in a
        > plane crash some years ago.

        Could you post a link to this?

        Thanks!
      • paula stockebrand
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 15 1:11 PM
          http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/

          Karl Plenge <kmplenge@...> wrote: > In case any of you have someone of interest who may have died in Mo.
          > after 1910, the Mo. death certificates are now available on line from
          > 1910-1950s, getting almost complete I think, and a great source. The
          > secretary of State was from Rolla, and no doubt getting all the
          > genealogist's votes, She is dau of Mel Carnahan, late Gov. who died in a
          > plane crash some years ago.

          Could you post a link to this?

          Thanks!

        • Kyle Davenport
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 15 1:19 PM
            It's not quite clear how complete they are yet, but that is the goal.
            See here -
            http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/#search

            Some of the names have image online - other's do not, but I know the
            index is incomplete because a relative who died in 1919 is not there.

            Kyle

            Karl Plenge wrote:

            > > In case any of you have someone of interest who may have died in Mo.
            > > after 1910, the Mo. death certificates are now available on line from
            > > 1910-1950s, getting almost complete I think, and a great source. The
            > > secretary of State was from Rolla, and no doubt getting all the
            > > genealogist's votes, She is dau of Mel Carnahan, late Gov. who died
            > in a
            > > plane crash some years ago.
            >
            > Could you post a link to this?

          • angelsjll1998
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 15 5:05 PM
              This is so great that MO. has put old death records online, now if
              other States would follow in thier foot steps and put this information
              out, it sure would save time with searching for our family members who
              have passed away so long ago. With genealogy research being at it
              hightest, it would be so great to have archives of death records
              available on the internet from all the States, Thank You MO. > >

            • Chris
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 15 6:05 PM
                I could not agree more. For the most part, these programs are facilitated
                by volunteers. They certainly deserve a hearty thanks from those of us who
                take advantage of the free service. Please see the following link for
                Arizona Birth and Death records.

                http://genealogy.az.gov <http://genealogy.az.gov/>

                Happy Hunting!

                Chris

                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 15 6:25 PM
                  Chris, you are so right, A big Thank You to all the people who work so
                  hard, to put information out there for everyone to use.
                • kathy edwards
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 15 7:14 PM
                    I would like to see a list of those that died in the storm.
                    My dad remembers the storm but wasn't in it.

                    >From: "Brenda Lillard" <Brendal@...>
                    >To: <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
                    >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Tornado in Jackson County in 1930's
                    >Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:03:17 -0400
                    >
                    >Who was the Knight man?

                    Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one
                    place! http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01
                  • kathy edwards
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 15 7:16 PM
                      I would love a copy of the newspaper story for my dad to read.

                      >From: PUDDINGBETTYEL@...
                      >To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Tornado in Jackson County in 1930's
                      >Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:47:01 EDT
                      >
                      >I would like a copy of this. I had Bradford family living in Jackson county
                      >at that time. My Bradford's were around Gray's Chapel, Al.
                      >Thank you

                      Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary!�
                      http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_hotmailtextlink2
                    • Lanita Sconce Smith
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 15 8:40 PM
                        As one of the many volunteers who transcribed the Missouri Death Index,
                        I can tell you that not EVERY one who died in Missouri in the early
                        years which are posted, HAD a death certificate. If they had a death
                        certificate, either the info or the certificate itself is online for
                        those years posted. We are in the process of transcribing additional
                        ones, so keep checking back.

                        Lanita Sconce Smith
                        Daviess Co., Missouri
                        DCGS Pres.
                      • Smiley
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 16 11:29 AM
                          ...Wonderful post!!! Thank ya so much for posting this. Living in
                          Oklahoma, Tornado Alley, I definitely can relate to these kinds of
                          happenings. I enjoyed the article & the significance this posting has
                          to Jackson County. Great post...

                          :-))
                          Pink, OK

                          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "nettiebau1952"