Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mary Winn/Paint Rock Valley book

  • Diane Simmons
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001

      and
      > Thomas Odell.
      >
      > There are many many Swaim family members.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Mary Winn

      --- Diane Simmons
      --- moonwitch13@...
      --- EarthLink: It's your Internet.
      I have been out of town and just started reading all of my e-mail. I came
      across this one and wanted to let you know that Emmette and Odell Woods
      were my great uncles. They have a sister Bertha Woods who still lives in
      Paint Rock Valley.
    • Sherrie Wood
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
        """Thank you so very much Mary. In the past I have been told by family
        members that the spelling of Swain was mis-spelled on several
        occasions--which resulted in individuals going through life with the last
        name of Swaim. Tell me what you think.

        I appreciate your help and patience.........Sherrie Swain Wood

      • marywinn@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
          Swaim is a genuine name--it is very prominent in Jackson/Madison County.
          There is a Swaim Alabama.

          Regards,
          Mary Winn
        • gregthomas
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 5, 2001
            I HAVE ISBELL'S FROM JACKSON COUNTY IN MY LINES. THERE IS A WORLD OF INFO ON
            THEM. WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU IF I CAN. IF I DON'T HAVE THE INFORMATION
            MAYBE I CAN PUT YOU IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES .

            YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT : TONDA THOMAS

            gregthomas@...

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 6, 2001
              I HAVE TRIED TO CHECK MY JONES FAMILY, CAN'T FIND ANYTHING MUCH.
              I KNOW MY GRANDPA JOHN ISBELL IS BURIED AT BLUE SPRINGS CEMETARY IN
              LARKINSVILLE AL.(JACKSON CO.) I DON'T KNOW IF HE HAD CHILDREN OTHER THAN MY
              GRANDMOTHER (JENNIE) I HAVE HEARD SHE DIED IN THE 30'S IN
              BRYCE HOSPITAL IN TUSCALOSSA AL. JOHN ISBELL WAS MY GREAT GRANDPA ITHINK HE
              MIGHT HAVE BEEN MARRIED BEFORE THE WIFE BURIED WITH HIM
              HER NAME IS LAURA. THATS ABOUT ALL I KNOW THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.

              THANKS ALFRED L
              JONES