Marriage record

  • rgpipes@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2007
      I am trying to find out the marriage (if there ever was one) of Martha SMITH
      (yes, I said SMITH) and an ELLIS. Most likely if they married it was in
      Jackson County, Alabama. I haven't been able to find Martha SMITH since the
      1900 Jackson County census where she was living with her brother James,
      Isaac, sister; Annie and mother Mary J. SMITH. They moved to Jackson
      County, Al. before the 1900 census from Tennessee. Martha would have been
      in her middle twenties at that time. From what I have been told she may
      have had a son out of wedlock. The rumor goes that either the man she was
      living with or her husband beat the boy to death. I know as long as my
      grandmother lived I never heard of Martha. Can anyone help me find out who
      she married?

      Thanks

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      8:00 PM