RE: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Fackler bus crash

  • rgpipes@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 6 5:22 PM
      What was your Dad's sister's name? I worked with a BEAVERS about thirty
      eight years ago. She was getting a divorce but can't remember her name.

      I went to school with a Linda Corbitt at Hollywood and Scottsboro and I
      think this was some of her family.

      Just as soon as I get any information I will pass it on.

      Regina

      _____

      From: HYPERLINK "mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net"rgpipes@hughes.-net
      From: HYPERLINK
      "mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com"jacksongenealogy@-yahoogroups.-co
      From: Tina M. Brooks
      To: HYPERLINK
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 6 8:15 PM
        It was in the Jan. 18, 1960 Anniston newspaper. There were four killed righ
        away and they were all Corbitts and Beavers and yes it was Charlie BEAVERS
        driving. They thought he was the Uncle to thoes that were killed. They
        were on their way to school at Stevenson. I tried to copy it and send it to
        you but it is a pay site and I couldn't figure out how to do it.

        Regina

        _____

        From: HYPERLINK

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 7 7:02 AM
          ANNISTON STAR, Jan. 18, 1960
          NINE HURT AS TRAIN HITS BUS
          FACKLER SITE OF TRAGEDY

          Francis CORBITT, Mary Grace CORBITT, sisters, Leonard BEAVERS, Foster
          BEAVERS brothers were killed at the scene

          Critically Injured were:
          Marcus Wade McCrary, Burley W. CORBITT, Albert CORBITT Jr., Gordon BEAVERS,
          James Larry CORBITT, Carolyn CORBITT, John Wayne McCRARY and Shelia BEAVERS.

          That's all I have on the accident but like I said earlier Charlie BEAVERS
          was driving the bus.

          Regina

          _____

          From: HYPERLINK

          From: HYPERLINK
          "mailto:jacksongene-alogy%40yahoogro-ups.com"jacksong-enealogy@--yahoogroups
          .--co
          [mailto:HYPERLINK

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 7 4:18 PM
            My aunt was Cheryl Magdalene. There were several Charlie Beavers, and I know at one time they lived in Chattanooga (1950's), but left there to Moore County, Tn - where my Aunt Maggie was from. She & Uncle Charlie did divorce, but in all the years I've never heard it mentioned about a bus crash. Truth be told, I thought the bus driver was a Marvin maybe.. Oh well.
            My Uncle Charlie died in 1989 in Pisgah, where he'd moved after he & Aunt Maggie divorced. I'm sure he's related to some of the Beavers in the area. The late Howard Beavers of Stevenson had a son who was the spitting image of one of Uncle Charlie's boys.
            Thanks for the info.

            Joy

            From: HYPERLINK

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 8 8:32 PM
              Hello,

              My mother knew the Beavers and some folks involved in this bus crash. I will be glad to ask her for detail if you like. You can email me directly at donna_m_mcdaniel@....

              I remember her showing me several people killed in this crash that are buried at Lakeview/Price Cemetary.

              I believe he was related to one of her aunt's husband.

              Thanks!
              Donna

              From: HYPERLINK