Re: [jacksongenealogy] Bailey BROOKS, Floyd F. BROOKS, and any Family!

  • Tina M. Brooks
    Message 1 of 39 , Jul 6, 2007
      Clay,
      In your last e-mail you asked if Bailey Brooks could possibly be or have the middle name of Benjamin and be a brother to George. Well all I have been able to find out from family is my grandfather which is Floyd Brooks the son of Bailey Brooks, only had one uncle and his name was George! I have no idea who my family is past my great grandfather Bailey. I would really like to learn more about who I am if anyone can help me. I am also trying to track down my indian blood line. On the Brooks side there is suppose to be Mississippian Indian. Then on my mother's side which is Herbert Jesse Prince which was married to Maime Morris Prince there are full blooded Cherokee Indian. Any info is appreciated.

      Jackson Co. AL Marriages

      Bailey Brooks m. Della Graham 11 Apr 1897 Jackson Co. AL by JOP J. D. Kennedy
      OS Page 388

      On the 1920 Census her name was Idela, on the 1930 Idella.

      AL Deaths

      Idella Brooks d. Sep 1939 Madison Co. AL Vol 41 Roll 3 Cert 20122

      Found no listing for Bailey B Brooks or Buck Brooks.. Was his middle name Benjamin and was the George living next to him im 1900 and 1910 his brother? There is listed on the 1870 census a Moses and Lydia Brooks with sons Benjamin and George whose ages are near what Bailey and George Brooks would have been. I could not located them on the 1880.

      Idella's death certificate should listed her parents name. Since she was born in 1883 and married in 1897 there is no census listing with her parents. She and 3 of her children are listed in Gurley, Madison Co. on the 1930.

      Bailey Brooks is listed patenting to parcel of land 7/9/1901 in Jackson Co. 79.62 acres Sect 18 Township 2 Range 4 and 39.85 acres Sect 7 Township 2 Range 4 these are in the NW section of Jackson Co. in the Paint Rock Valley north of Princeton.

      Death certificates can be ordered from Susette Cook at her website www.alabamadeath. tripod.com for $3.00. Marriage certificates can be ordered from the Jackson County Courthouse for $3.00 and a SASE to:
      Jackson Co. Probate Office
      PO Box 128
      Scottsboro. AL 35768

      Clay

      ¿"Be E᧥ WiTh It"¿
      ~Tiñá~

      Message 39 of 39 , Jul 11, 2007
        All

        Someone sent me a picture of John (Pig) Riddle some time back. In my
        travels and receiving email I have misplaced the picture. My intent was to save the
        picture until I could get to a printer and print the pic.but now I cannot
        find it. Could we please reconnect and get a copy of the pic.? D. Simmons is
        also looking for this.

        Thanks

        Bill Cagle