Re: [jacksongenealogy] Maynor and Waller

  • billy maynor
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
      I am part of the Maynor/etc. surname project, and my sample is 30277, which
      kind of stands to itself.

    • rgpipes@hughes.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
        I see the WALLERS in the 1910 and 1920 Jackson County Hollywood census and
        next door is some MAYNORS.

        Regina

        _____

        If anyone out there that has more info on the Maynor and Waller surname
        in Jackson Co., AL, please let me know. As I've mentioned previously,
        there are two separate Maynor lines in Jackson Co., AL although I don't
        mind seeing info relating to the other line. I'm also interested in
        the Waller line because Sallie Ann Maynor and John Wallace Waller. I
        understand that the Wallers have a lot of history in Jackson Co., AL,
        and I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that could share some
        with me. Thanks!

        Billy Maynor
        HYPERLINK "mailto:billywmaynor%40hotmail.com"billywmaynor@...

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        10:02 AM

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        10:02 AM

      • bluebill68
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
          Yes, they are Sallie Ann Waller's brothers. Of course, in 1920,
          John W. is listed with a new wife, Minnie. Sallie died in 1916.
          Bart and Andy were her brothers, who are living near her.

          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, <rgpipes@...> wrote:

          > I see the WALLERS in the 1910 and 1920 Jackson County Hollywood
          census and
          > next door is some MAYNORS.
          >
          > Regina
          >
          > _____

          7/3/2007
          > 10:02 AM

          > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          7/3/2007

        • rgpipes@hughes.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
            In the 1910 census Jackson County I see a Bryant MAYNOR that says he was
            born in Fl. and his parents were born in N C. What are you searching for?
            Seems like you have all the census.

            I knew a Judy and Charles MAYNOR in Hollywood. Judy still lives there.
            Think their father's name was Cecil Maynor.
            Regina

            _____

            Yes, they are Sallie Ann Waller's brothers. Of course, in 1920,
            John W. is listed with a new wife, Minnie. Sallie died in 1916.
            Bart and Andy were her brothers, who are living near her.

            --- In HYPERLINK
            "mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com"jacksongenealogy@-yahoogroups.-co
            m, <rgpipes@...-> wrote:

            > I see the WALLERS in the 1910 and 1920 Jackson County Hollywood
            census and
            > next door is some MAYNORS.
            >
            > Regina
            >
            > _____
            >
            > From: HYPERLINK
            "mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com"jacksongenealogy@-yahoogroups.-co

            7/3/2007
            > 10:02 AM

            > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            7/3/2007
            > 10:02 AM

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            10:02 AM

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            10:02 AM

          • billy maynor
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
              Thanks for your reply! Bryant Maynor was my great grandfather. Cecil
              Maynor was my uncle, and Charles and Judy are my first cousins. I had
              written a book on this Maynor line about a year ago, which dates back to the
              1700's. However, I'm trying to fill in some holes or missing data. I try
              to get as current as I can. One line that I'm trying to find more info on
              is the John Wallace Waller and Sallie Ann Maynor line. As far as the Maynor
              posts, I like to use this forum to correspond with my Maynor line and other
              Maynor lines. However, I do love the Jackson Co., AL history that I see in
              this forum and seeing other surnames also. Great forum!

              http://newlivehotmail.com