Re: [jacksongenealogy] JACKSON COUNTY HERITAGE BOOK

  • Mary Loher
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
      Hi,
      I tried to contact them but only got a recording - I did leave a
      message. Do you have an email address for The Jackson County Heritage
      Center? It's long distance for some of us:-)
      Mary Loher
      mloher@...

      Regina Pipes wrote:

      > I just called the Scottsboro Public Library (256) 574-4335 in hopes of
      > finding a copy of the Jackson County Heritage Book. Sorry to say they are
      > out and so is The Jackson County Heritage Center (256) 259-2122. They are
      > taking names of people that are interested in getting a copy. I was told
      > they have to have a number of people wanting a copy before they order. So
      > if you are interested in getting a copy PLEASE contact them so we all can
      > have one.
      > Thanks
      > Regina GRIDER Pipes
      > regina.pipes@...
    • Regina Pipes
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
          Sorry to say I don't have an email address for them. I also called the
          Heritage Center and got a message that they are closed this week so I called
          the library and talked to the lady there. It is also long distance for me
          since I am in Austin, Texas.
          Regina GRIDER Pipes

          Regina Pipes wrote:

          > I just called the Scottsboro Public Library (256) 574-4335 in hopes of
          > finding a copy of the Jackson County Heritage Book. Sorry to say they are
          > out and so is The Jackson County Heritage Center (256) 259-2122. They are
          > taking names of people that are interested in getting a copy. I was told
          > they have to have a number of people wanting a copy before they order. So
          > if you are interested in getting a copy PLEASE contact them so we all can
          > have one.
          > Thanks
          > Regina GRIDER Pipes
          > regina.pipes@...
        • Tracy Fossett Wilson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
            The email address for the Heritage Center is heritage@...

            Tracy Fossett Wilson
            Jackson Co, AL
            http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/fossettgenealogy
            http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/tranmergenealogy
          • clswagler@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
              The email address for the Heritage Center is as follows:

              heritage@...

              Cindy
            • Ann B. Chambless
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 13, 2011
                The great part about owning the Jackson County Heritage Book is the
                insight you receive from reading about county landmarks and events IN
                ADDITION TO the family histories. It is one thing to study one, two,
                three, or even more families, BUT to really know where and how they
                lived, you need to know more about their surroundings including
                churches, schools, and neighbors. These things (and more) are to be
                found in the $50.00 JACKSON COUNTY HERITAGE BOOK. In my estimation, you
                are cheating yourself if you limit your research to just your immediate
                family.
                ALSO, when you purchase the book, you are saying to the wonderful people
                who spent innumerable hours to collect and produce this book that you
                appreciate their efforts. I can say this without reservation as I had
                nothing to do with the production of this book other than submitting the
                well researched info on five of my family lines.
                Ann B. Chambless