Maynor Genealogy

  • bluebill68
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2007
      Hello Everyone,

      I'm new to the group, and I'm pleased to be here. Hopefully, this
      will help me to find more about my ancestry and more about Jackson
      Co., AL. I'm from the other Maynor line that exists in Jackson Co.,
      AL. Yes, that's right- based on my research, two separate lines of
      Maynors there. One goes back to a Garrett in the early 1800's, and
      the other, which is my line, goes back to a William Mainor in the
      late 1700's in Duplin Co., NC. I have a great deal of relatives
      still living in Jackson Co., NC. My name is Billy; Father- William
      C.; Grandfather-Arthur; Great-Grandfather- Bryant; Great-Great-
      Grandfather-Benjamin; Great-Great-Great-Grandfather-William; Great-
      Great-Great-Great-William.
      In a short history, my ancestry originally came from Duplin Co., NC,
      then moved to Randolph Co., GA in the 1830's. After the Civil War,
      some of the offspring began to move. Benjamin moved to Marshall
      Co., NC in 1870, and he must have died between 1870-1880 because
      Sabra Jane and the remaining kids are in Jackson Co., AL. Along
      with the move to AL, the name changed for us from Mainor to Maynor.
      There are many descendants still have the Mainor name in GA, FL, and
      throughout the country. If you have any details of this line you
      can help me with; genealogy, etc., please let me know. Thanks!
      Billy Maynor