Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mary Winn/Paint Rock Valley book

  • Sherrie Wood
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
      Mary,

      I would appreciate it very much if you could help me find my family;
      Do you find any Swain's or Wood's in the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers?
      Thank you.........Sherrie Swain-Wood

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
        Sherrie,

        There are no Swain's or Wood's. There are however two Woods--Emmette T. and
        Thomas Odell.

        There are many many Swaim family members.

        Regards,
        Mary Winn
      • Diane Simmons
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001

          --- Diane Simmons
          --- moonwitch13@...
          --- EarthLink: It's your Internet.
          I have been out of town and just started reading all of my e-mail. I came
          across this one and wanted to let you know that Emmette and Odell Woods
          were my great uncles. They have a sister Bertha Woods who still lives in
          Paint Rock Valley.
        • Sherrie Wood
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
            """Thank you so very much Mary. In the past I have been told by family
            members that the spelling of Swain was mis-spelled on several
            occasions--which resulted in individuals going through life with the last
            name of Swaim. Tell me what you think.

            I appreciate your help and patience.........Sherrie Swain Wood

          • marywinn@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
              Swaim is a genuine name--it is very prominent in Jackson/Madison County.
              There is a Swaim Alabama.

              Regards,
              Mary Winn
            • gregthomas
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 5, 2001
                I HAVE ISBELL'S FROM JACKSON COUNTY IN MY LINES. THERE IS A WORLD OF INFO ON
                THEM. WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU IF I CAN. IF I DON'T HAVE THE INFORMATION
                MAYBE I CAN PUT YOU IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES .

                YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT : TONDA THOMAS

                gregthomas@...

                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 6, 2001
                  I HAVE TRIED TO CHECK MY JONES FAMILY, CAN'T FIND ANYTHING MUCH.
                  I KNOW MY GRANDPA JOHN ISBELL IS BURIED AT BLUE SPRINGS CEMETARY IN
                  LARKINSVILLE AL.(JACKSON CO.) I DON'T KNOW IF HE HAD CHILDREN OTHER THAN MY
                  GRANDMOTHER (JENNIE) I HAVE HEARD SHE DIED IN THE 30'S IN
                  BRYCE HOSPITAL IN TUSCALOSSA AL. JOHN ISBELL WAS MY GREAT GRANDPA ITHINK HE
                  MIGHT HAVE BEEN MARRIED BEFORE THE WIFE BURIED WITH HIM
                  HER NAME IS LAURA. THATS ABOUT ALL I KNOW THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.

                  THANKS ALFRED L
                  JONES