Re: [jacksongenealogy] Seminole Wars

  • cagle8185@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2007
      In a message dated 6/26/2007 9:23:23 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
      kmplenge@... writes:

      I am looking for Cagle and do not see anything listed. The only solid thing
      I have is Huntsville Land record book that shows military land grant in
      Jackson Co. in sec 17, ts. 1, r. 4 but cannot find what war.

      John Cagle's "Cagle Journal" said it was Creek Indian wars but does not say
      when and I cannot find record except Huntsville land record and it dates
      original land patent in June 1852.

      Bill Cagle

    • masonfamily88
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 26, 2007
        Bill what Cagle are you researching? Elizabeth Mason

      • cagle8185@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 27, 2007
          Elizabeth,

          There were three generations named Valentine Cagle and they all may have
          lived at the "Cagle Place" in sec. 17. This is where I live today and the
          family has been here since 1852. "Old Huntsville Land Records" show Valentine
          Cagle, in !852, was given a Military Grant in but I do not know which Valentine
          it was.

          They move to Jackson Co. from Warren Co. Tenn. and John Cagle thinks it was
          before 1852 but they did not file for land grant until 1852.

          Bill

        • masonfamily88
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 27, 2007
            Thanks Bill! I have alittle information about Valentine. My
            GGrandfather married 1st time to Susann Cagle, d/o Littleton &
            Catherine Cagle. In Sequatchie Co., TN @ 1859. I have
            researched some on the Cagle's because they so intertwine with my
            PERRY family. My GGrandfather moved from Sequatchie Co. (he was
            b. Irving College, Warren Co., TN) to Hambrick Sinks (Top of
            Coalmine Mtn). (Jackson Co., AL). I have a copy of the Military
            Grant given to Linzy Cagle June 15, 1875 signed by Pres. U.S.
            Grant. Yes Mr. Cagle's book is a great resource. Thanks!
            Elizabeth Mason
            New Market, AL