Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jewel

  • J Casey
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 2, 2001
      I have a few minutes so thought I'd send these to you anyway.

      June 16, 1870 Bridgeport, Jackson County, AL
      #95-96
      David Cameron 22 AL
      Martha 23 TN
      Nora L. 9/12 al (Sept.)

      June 1, 1870 Stevenson District, Jackson County, AL
      #20-22
      Daniel Cameron 38 AL
      Jane 32 TN
      Mary 14 AL
      Ann 11 AL
      Taylor 9 AL ****
      James 6 AL
      Nancy 3 AL

      Could that be the Taylor Cameron you're talking about?? I thought he would
      have been an adult. As a caution, you should give an approximate birth or
      death date when asking about someone. OK? No harm done, except to you maybe
      because I didn't see him as a child. Good luck.

      #22-24
      Elizabeth Cameron 72 TN
      Martha 38 AL
      Mary J. 27 AL
      Jane McCrary 13 AL

      #23-25
      Lozan Cameron 38 TN
      Mary 20 AL
      Jane 4/12 AL (Feb.)

      June 30, 1870, Long Island District, Jackson County, AL

      #113-114
      Hugh Cameron 53 KY
      Nancy 46 SC
      Elizabeth 24 AL
      Wm. 22 AL
      Daniel 21 AL
      John C. 20 AL
      Matilda 16 AL
      Nancy 14 AL
      Mary 11 AL
      Millie 9 AL
      Louisa 7 AL

      JULY 1, 1870 , 300 Subdivision, Jackson County, AL(doesn't explain enough as
      to where located)
      #110-109
      CAMRON
      Samuel Camron 35 TN
      Eliza 26 GA
      Wm. 4 GA
      Amanda 1 GA
      Mary 26 GA

      #379-376
      Mindy Camron 31 AL male
      Lucy 30 AL
      Henry G. 5 AL

      August 19, 1870 Township 6, Range 5 East, Jackson County, AL (doesn't
      explain enough as to where located)

      #37-37
      James T. CAMERON 33 AL
      Nancy 25 AL
      Sarah E. 2 AL
      Abraham J. 5/12 AL (no date)

      Township 5 Range 5 East, Jackson County, Al (no date, assuming same as
      above)
      #44-43
      Charles Cameron 23 GA
      Sarah A. 25 AL
      Ellen 6 AL
      Anna 8/12 AL (Oct)

      I think this covers all the CAMERON and CAMRON 1870 Jackson County, AL
      Hope all this helps you somehow.
      Jewel
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 29, 2002
        Jewel,

        You have just taught a very good lesson on searching census page by page
        instead of using the indexes.

        I find Mas Colbert in HH 314 but he is not listed on any index search on
        ancestry, even using the soundex seach method.

        The name is spelled on the census as Cobbert, so with soundex search, it was
        not picked up.

        Thanks for the reminder that it is not as simple as it sometimes seems.

        Rayedene Graves

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 30, 2002
          Well, thank you!! Sometimes the surname looks like something else, in this
          case it looked like COBBERT.

        • Kevin Hall
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 30, 2002
            Thank you for all your help, It is really
            appreciated.
            The Mas Colbert may be a nick name. We are looking
            into the possiblity that William Colbert had several
            children listed on the 1818 census but most all had
            indian names. One of them may be the father of Mas.
            Gina

            === message truncated ===

            http://greetings.yahoo.com/
          • Jewel Casey
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 31, 2002
              I'm dumb, what 1818 census are you speaking of? And where was William
              located?