Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mary Winn/Paint Rock Valley book

  • deeno
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
      > Actually I should reword this "Graves" note.
      >
      > The book is full of graves listings but no one by the name of Graves. LOL
      >
      > Mary Winn

      Yes, that is a big problem when trying to search cemeteries for my Graves!
      LOL!!

      Rayedene
    • Sherrie Wood
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
        Mary,

        I would appreciate it very much if you could help me find my family;
        Do you find any Swain's or Wood's in the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers?
        Thank you.........Sherrie Swain-Wood

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
          Sherrie,

          There are no Swain's or Wood's. There are however two Woods--Emmette T. and
          Thomas Odell.

          There are many many Swaim family members.

          Regards,
          Mary Winn
        • Diane Simmons
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001

            --- Diane Simmons
            --- moonwitch13@...
            --- EarthLink: It's your Internet.
            I have been out of town and just started reading all of my e-mail. I came
            across this one and wanted to let you know that Emmette and Odell Woods
            were my great uncles. They have a sister Bertha Woods who still lives in
            Paint Rock Valley.
          • Sherrie Wood
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
              """Thank you so very much Mary. In the past I have been told by family
              members that the spelling of Swain was mis-spelled on several
              occasions--which resulted in individuals going through life with the last
              name of Swaim. Tell me what you think.

              I appreciate your help and patience.........Sherrie Swain Wood

            • marywinn@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
                Swaim is a genuine name--it is very prominent in Jackson/Madison County.
                There is a Swaim Alabama.

                Regards,
                Mary Winn
              • gregthomas
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 5, 2001
                  I HAVE ISBELL'S FROM JACKSON COUNTY IN MY LINES. THERE IS A WORLD OF INFO ON
                  THEM. WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU IF I CAN. IF I DON'T HAVE THE INFORMATION
                  MAYBE I CAN PUT YOU IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES .

                  YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT : TONDA THOMAS

                  gregthomas@...

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 6, 2001
                    I HAVE TRIED TO CHECK MY JONES FAMILY, CAN'T FIND ANYTHING MUCH.
                    I KNOW MY GRANDPA JOHN ISBELL IS BURIED AT BLUE SPRINGS CEMETARY IN
                    LARKINSVILLE AL.(JACKSON CO.) I DON'T KNOW IF HE HAD CHILDREN OTHER THAN MY
                    GRANDMOTHER (JENNIE) I HAVE HEARD SHE DIED IN THE 30'S IN
                    BRYCE HOSPITAL IN TUSCALOSSA AL. JOHN ISBELL WAS MY GREAT GRANDPA ITHINK HE
                    MIGHT HAVE BEEN MARRIED BEFORE THE WIFE BURIED WITH HIM
                    HER NAME IS LAURA. THATS ABOUT ALL I KNOW THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.

                    THANKS ALFRED L
                    JONES