Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mary Winn/Paint Rock Valley book

  • marywinn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
      Hello Al,

      the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers has many Jones listed but no exact matches to
      the names you gave. This book is a listing of cemeterys and doesn't have
      family histories. Perhaps someone else on the list will know your Jones
      family.
      Regards,
      Mary Winn Anderson
    • marywinn@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
        Actually I should reword this "Graves" note.

        The book is full of graves listings but no one by the name of Graves. LOL

        Mary Winn
      • deeno
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
          > Actually I should reword this "Graves" note.
          >
          > The book is full of graves listings but no one by the name of Graves. LOL
          >
          > Mary Winn

          Yes, that is a big problem when trying to search cemeteries for my Graves!
          LOL!!

          Rayedene
        • Sherrie Wood
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
            Mary,

            I would appreciate it very much if you could help me find my family;
            Do you find any Swain's or Wood's in the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers?
            Thank you.........Sherrie Swain-Wood

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
              Sherrie,

              There are no Swain's or Wood's. There are however two Woods--Emmette T. and
              Thomas Odell.

              There are many many Swaim family members.

              Regards,
              Mary Winn
            • Diane Simmons
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001

                --- Diane Simmons
                --- moonwitch13@...
                --- EarthLink: It's your Internet.
                I have been out of town and just started reading all of my e-mail. I came
                across this one and wanted to let you know that Emmette and Odell Woods
                were my great uncles. They have a sister Bertha Woods who still lives in
                Paint Rock Valley.
              • Sherrie Wood
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
                  """Thank you so very much Mary. In the past I have been told by family
                  members that the spelling of Swain was mis-spelled on several
                  occasions--which resulted in individuals going through life with the last
                  name of Swaim. Tell me what you think.

                  I appreciate your help and patience.........Sherrie Swain Wood

                • marywinn@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
                    Swaim is a genuine name--it is very prominent in Jackson/Madison County.
                    There is a Swaim Alabama.

                    Regards,
                    Mary Winn
                  • gregthomas
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 5, 2001
                      I HAVE ISBELL'S FROM JACKSON COUNTY IN MY LINES. THERE IS A WORLD OF INFO ON
                      THEM. WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU IF I CAN. IF I DON'T HAVE THE INFORMATION
                      MAYBE I CAN PUT YOU IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES .

                      YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT : TONDA THOMAS

                      gregthomas@...

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 6, 2001
                        I HAVE TRIED TO CHECK MY JONES FAMILY, CAN'T FIND ANYTHING MUCH.
                        I KNOW MY GRANDPA JOHN ISBELL IS BURIED AT BLUE SPRINGS CEMETARY IN
                        LARKINSVILLE AL.(JACKSON CO.) I DON'T KNOW IF HE HAD CHILDREN OTHER THAN MY
                        GRANDMOTHER (JENNIE) I HAVE HEARD SHE DIED IN THE 30'S IN
                        BRYCE HOSPITAL IN TUSCALOSSA AL. JOHN ISBELL WAS MY GREAT GRANDPA ITHINK HE
                        MIGHT HAVE BEEN MARRIED BEFORE THE WIFE BURIED WITH HIM
                        HER NAME IS LAURA. THATS ABOUT ALL I KNOW THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.

                        THANKS ALFRED L
                        JONES