Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mary Winn/Paint Rock Valley book

  • deeno
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
      > Hello Rayedene,
      >
      > Sorry no Graves in Paint Rock Valley Pioneers.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Mary Winn

      Mary,

      Thank you very much for the lookup. I will just keep looking.

      Thank you again,

      Rayedene
    • marywinn@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
        Hello Al,

        the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers has many Jones listed but no exact matches to
        the names you gave. This book is a listing of cemeterys and doesn't have
        family histories. Perhaps someone else on the list will know your Jones
        family.
        Regards,
        Mary Winn Anderson
      • marywinn@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
          Actually I should reword this "Graves" note.

          The book is full of graves listings but no one by the name of Graves. LOL

          Mary Winn
        • deeno
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
            > Actually I should reword this "Graves" note.
            >
            > The book is full of graves listings but no one by the name of Graves. LOL
            >
            > Mary Winn

            Yes, that is a big problem when trying to search cemeteries for my Graves!
            LOL!!

            Rayedene
          • Sherrie Wood
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
              Mary,

              I would appreciate it very much if you could help me find my family;
              Do you find any Swain's or Wood's in the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers?
              Thank you.........Sherrie Swain-Wood

              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
                Sherrie,

                There are no Swain's or Wood's. There are however two Woods--Emmette T. and
                Thomas Odell.

                There are many many Swaim family members.

                Regards,
                Mary Winn
              • Diane Simmons
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001

                  --- Diane Simmons
                  --- moonwitch13@...
                  --- EarthLink: It's your Internet.
                  I have been out of town and just started reading all of my e-mail. I came
                  across this one and wanted to let you know that Emmette and Odell Woods
                  were my great uncles. They have a sister Bertha Woods who still lives in
                  Paint Rock Valley.
                • Sherrie Wood
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
                    """Thank you so very much Mary. In the past I have been told by family
                    members that the spelling of Swain was mis-spelled on several
                    occasions--which resulted in individuals going through life with the last
                    name of Swaim. Tell me what you think.

                    I appreciate your help and patience.........Sherrie Swain Wood

                  • marywinn@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
                      Swaim is a genuine name--it is very prominent in Jackson/Madison County.
                      There is a Swaim Alabama.

                      Regards,
                      Mary Winn
                    • gregthomas
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 5, 2001
                        I HAVE ISBELL'S FROM JACKSON COUNTY IN MY LINES. THERE IS A WORLD OF INFO ON
                        THEM. WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU IF I CAN. IF I DON'T HAVE THE INFORMATION
                        MAYBE I CAN PUT YOU IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES .

                        YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT : TONDA THOMAS

                        gregthomas@...

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 6, 2001
                          I HAVE TRIED TO CHECK MY JONES FAMILY, CAN'T FIND ANYTHING MUCH.
                          I KNOW MY GRANDPA JOHN ISBELL IS BURIED AT BLUE SPRINGS CEMETARY IN
                          LARKINSVILLE AL.(JACKSON CO.) I DON'T KNOW IF HE HAD CHILDREN OTHER THAN MY
                          GRANDMOTHER (JENNIE) I HAVE HEARD SHE DIED IN THE 30'S IN
                          BRYCE HOSPITAL IN TUSCALOSSA AL. JOHN ISBELL WAS MY GREAT GRANDPA ITHINK HE
                          MIGHT HAVE BEEN MARRIED BEFORE THE WIFE BURIED WITH HIM
                          HER NAME IS LAURA. THATS ABOUT ALL I KNOW THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.

                          THANKS ALFRED L
                          JONES