Re: HAMILTON/HAMBLETON - Cherokee Removal Volunteers

  • dragonriders118
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2007
      I am a new member of this group and I may be a day late and a dollar
      short, but are you aware of the Giles County TN Genealogy website? You
      can reach it through the rootsweb.com web site. There is a great deal
      of info available, but it is "spotty" in its coverage as most such sites
      are.

      John
      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, debbie <tickers96@...> wrote:

      > This is one of the first posts I have seen for Hamilton/Hambleton in
      Jackson County. My Minerva Elinor Hamilton (or Hambleton) was born in
      Giles Co. TN in 1823. However she married William Samuel Scott in
      Jackson Co in 1841. I can't find any information on her parents or
      siblings. Anyone have any ideas?

      > Deb

    • jackman_0645
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 18, 2007
        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, debbie <tickers96@...> wrote:

        > This is one of the first posts I have seen for Hamilton/Hambleton
        in Jackson County. My Minerva Elinor Hamilton (or Hambleton) was
        born in Giles Co. TN in 1823. However she married William Samuel
        Scott in Jackson Co in 1841. I can't find any information on her
        parents or siblings. Anyone have any ideas?

        > Deb

        My Hamilton ancestors came from South Carolina and settled in Section
        Alabama just about all are buried at Bluff cemetery. A very beautiful
        place. My mother and father rest there now. His father was William
        Alford Hamilton as was his father.They crossed thos mountains of
        North Carolinas and came through Tennessee to Alabama. I can only
        imagine what th journey was like at the time. Then settled in Section
        there are stories about a cave mt Grandparents used to hide there
        family in during Indian uprising's. There seems to be some truth to
        that and I would love to find the cave.