Re: [jacksongenealogy] HAMILTON/HAMBLETON - Cherokee Removal Volunteers

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2007
      Among the volunteers for the Cherokee Removal were:
      4th Sgt. William F. Hambleton/Hamilton and Sgt. Wiley I. Hambleton in Captain Joshua Wann's Company of Norwood's Battalion.
      Ann B. Chambless

    • jackman_0645
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 15, 2007
        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Ann B. Chambless"
        <rabc123@...> wrote:

        > Among the volunteers for the Cherokee Removal were:
        > 4th Sgt. William F. Hambleton/Hamilton and Sgt. Wiley I. Hambleton
        in Captain Joshua Wann's Company of Norwood's Battalion.
        > Ann B. Chambless

        Thank you very much that was my Grandfather.

      • debbie
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 16, 2007
          This is one of the first posts I have seen for Hamilton/Hambleton in Jackson County. My Minerva Elinor Hamilton (or Hambleton) was born in Giles Co. TN in 1823. However she married William Samuel Scott in Jackson Co in 1841. I can't find any information on her parents or siblings. Anyone have any ideas?

          Deb

        • dragonriders118
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17, 2007
            I am a new member of this group and I may be a day late and a dollar
            short, but are you aware of the Giles County TN Genealogy website? You
            can reach it through the rootsweb.com web site. There is a great deal
            of info available, but it is "spotty" in its coverage as most such sites
            are.

            John
            --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, debbie <tickers96@...> wrote:

            > This is one of the first posts I have seen for Hamilton/Hambleton in
            Jackson County. My Minerva Elinor Hamilton (or Hambleton) was born in
            Giles Co. TN in 1823. However she married William Samuel Scott in
            Jackson Co in 1841. I can't find any information on her parents or
            siblings. Anyone have any ideas?

            > Deb

          • jackman_0645
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 18, 2007
              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, debbie <tickers96@...> wrote:

              > This is one of the first posts I have seen for Hamilton/Hambleton
              in Jackson County. My Minerva Elinor Hamilton (or Hambleton) was
              born in Giles Co. TN in 1823. However she married William Samuel
              Scott in Jackson Co in 1841. I can't find any information on her
              parents or siblings. Anyone have any ideas?

              > Deb

              My Hamilton ancestors came from South Carolina and settled in Section
              Alabama just about all are buried at Bluff cemetery. A very beautiful
              place. My mother and father rest there now. His father was William
              Alford Hamilton as was his father.They crossed thos mountains of
              North Carolinas and came through Tennessee to Alabama. I can only
              imagine what th journey was like at the time. Then settled in Section
              there are stories about a cave mt Grandparents used to hide there
              family in during Indian uprising's. There seems to be some truth to
              that and I would love to find the cave.