Re: [jacksongenealogy] Mary Winn/Paint Rock Valley book

  • SjonesArk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
      Mary,
      Is there any data in your Paint Rock Pioneer book on Elisha Jones and
      Alexander Gilliland? These people were in Paint Rock area about 1830 to 1839.
      Thanks,
      James Jones
    • ALJO68@CS.COM
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
        my name is :

        ALFRED L JONES MY JONES FAMILY CAME FROM PAINTROCK AL. THE ONLY THING I KNOW
        ABOUT THEM IS MY GRANDPA WAS JIM JONES HE MARRIED
        JENNY ISBEL. MY DAD WAS AN ONLY CHILD HIS NAME WAS ARTHER HOMER JONES BORN
        IN 1894. OTHER NAMES I KNOW IN THE FAMILY ARE.......
        MILT AND LELA DAY ..... SALLY IRVIN OR ERVIN FROM OKLAHOMA ...AND
        CLAUDE JONES FROM BOAZ AL.
        IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS FAMILY PLEASE LET ME NO.

        THANK YOU

        AL JONES

        KINFOLKS I HOPE.
      • marywinn@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
          Hello Rayedene,

          Sorry no Graves in Paint Rock Valley Pioneers.

          Regards,
          Mary Winn
        • deeno
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
            > Hello Rayedene,
            >
            > Sorry no Graves in Paint Rock Valley Pioneers.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Mary Winn

            Mary,

            Thank you very much for the lookup. I will just keep looking.

            Thank you again,

            Rayedene
          • marywinn@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
              Hello Al,

              the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers has many Jones listed but no exact matches to
              the names you gave. This book is a listing of cemeterys and doesn't have
              family histories. Perhaps someone else on the list will know your Jones
              family.
              Regards,
              Mary Winn Anderson
            • marywinn@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
                Actually I should reword this "Graves" note.

                The book is full of graves listings but no one by the name of Graves. LOL

                Mary Winn
              • deeno
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
                  > Actually I should reword this "Graves" note.
                  >
                  > The book is full of graves listings but no one by the name of Graves. LOL
                  >
                  > Mary Winn

                  Yes, that is a big problem when trying to search cemeteries for my Graves!
                  LOL!!

                  Rayedene
                • Sherrie Wood
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
                    Mary,

                    I would appreciate it very much if you could help me find my family;
                    Do you find any Swain's or Wood's in the Paint Rock Valley Pioneers?
                    Thank you.........Sherrie Swain-Wood

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
                      Sherrie,

                      There are no Swain's or Wood's. There are however two Woods--Emmette T. and
                      Thomas Odell.

                      There are many many Swaim family members.

                      Regards,
                      Mary Winn
                    • Diane Simmons
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001

                        --- Diane Simmons
                        --- moonwitch13@...
                        --- EarthLink: It's your Internet.
                        I have been out of town and just started reading all of my e-mail. I came
                        across this one and wanted to let you know that Emmette and Odell Woods
                        were my great uncles. They have a sister Bertha Woods who still lives in
                        Paint Rock Valley.
                      • Sherrie Wood
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
                          """Thank you so very much Mary. In the past I have been told by family
                          members that the spelling of Swain was mis-spelled on several
                          occasions--which resulted in individuals going through life with the last
                          name of Swaim. Tell me what you think.

                          I appreciate your help and patience.........Sherrie Swain Wood

                        • marywinn@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jan 3, 2001
                            Swaim is a genuine name--it is very prominent in Jackson/Madison County.
                            There is a Swaim Alabama.

                            Regards,
                            Mary Winn
                          • gregthomas
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jan 5, 2001
                              I HAVE ISBELL'S FROM JACKSON COUNTY IN MY LINES. THERE IS A WORLD OF INFO ON
                              THEM. WOULD BE HAPPY TO HELP YOU IF I CAN. IF I DON'T HAVE THE INFORMATION
                              MAYBE I CAN PUT YOU IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO DOES .

                              YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT : TONDA THOMAS

                              gregthomas@...

                            • ALJO68@CS.COM
                              Message 14 of 15 , Jan 6, 2001
                                I HAVE TRIED TO CHECK MY JONES FAMILY, CAN'T FIND ANYTHING MUCH.
                                I KNOW MY GRANDPA JOHN ISBELL IS BURIED AT BLUE SPRINGS CEMETARY IN
                                LARKINSVILLE AL.(JACKSON CO.) I DON'T KNOW IF HE HAD CHILDREN OTHER THAN MY
                                GRANDMOTHER (JENNIE) I HAVE HEARD SHE DIED IN THE 30'S IN
                                BRYCE HOSPITAL IN TUSCALOSSA AL. JOHN ISBELL WAS MY GREAT GRANDPA ITHINK HE
                                MIGHT HAVE BEEN MARRIED BEFORE THE WIFE BURIED WITH HIM
                                HER NAME IS LAURA. THATS ABOUT ALL I KNOW THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP.

                                THANKS ALFRED L
                                JONES