Florida War/Keith family

  • robert_s_63134
    Message 1 of 1 , May 14, 2007
      Hi!

      Do any of you out there know anything about the Florida War? Also, are
      service records available from that war?

      I just found the following book, "Index for Compiled Service Records,
      Alabama Units, Florida War" 1971. It mentioned two Jackson County
      residents of particular interest to me:

      Keith, George W. Price Co. Cawlfield Battalion, rank private.

      Keith, Griffin Co. L. Snodgrass Battalion, rank private.

      I have every reason to believe that these men were brothers. Both were
      born in Jackson County, GA. Their father George Keith, Sr. moved the
      family to Jackson County, AL by 1830. Both brothers moved to Pope
      County, IL about 1853, along with many, many others. Those surnames
      include Carr, Dent, Spence, Hall, Keith, Chappell.

      Robert Schneider