Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jewel

  • J Casey
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
      Mary, there was also
      in the same area as A.J. Willis

      #60-60
      Larkin Willis 42 AL
      Cynthia 38 TN
      John 20 TN
      Cynthia 18 AL
      Wm. 16 TN
      Wilson 12 AL
      Mary 10 AL
      Musadore 8 AL female
      James 6 AL
      Thos. 4 AL
      Edgar 5/12 AL (Dec)
      Walter 5/12 AL (Dec)

      #248-252
      Elizabeth Willis 33 AL
      Serena 14 AL
      Sarah J. 12 AL
      Nancy 6 AL

      #253-257
      Wm. L. Ferguson 62 NC
      Martha 50 TN
      Sarah E. 24 TN
      Amos Wilson 18 TN Female (Wilson may have been her middle
      name-yes listed as female
      Amanda M. 15 TN
      John M. 10 TN
      Wm. L. Willis 34 Miss-teacher

      #768-773
      Elizabeth Willis 62 TN
      Wilson 29 AL
      Alfred 17 AL
      Susan 12 AL
      Michael 10 TN
      Darcus C. 50 VA

      Then Scottsboro, 300 June 1, 1870
      #312-311
      James Willis 44 AL laborer
      Margaret 46 AL
      Susannah 22 AL
      Calvin 20 AL
      John H. 17 AL
      Nancy A. 10 AL

      Scottsboro T3-R4#50-50
      James Willis 45 AL
      Margaret 41 AL
      Calvin 20 AL
      John H. 17 AL
      Mary 15 AL
      Nancy E. 12 AL
      James M. 9 AL
      Wm. 6 AL
      Ann M. 3 AL
      Susannah Allan 23 AL
      Samuel C. 4 AL
      It appears he is an Allan

      June 21, 1870 Woodville Subdivision #4
      There was Calvin Willis 20 AL
      Works on R.R. living with a Charles Davis or Dover

      Township 4 Range 5 East (probably of Scottsboro or Woodville)

      #7-7
      Sarah Willis 36 AL
      Olivia E. 22 AL
      Arkansas 19 AL

      Sure hope this helps you with your Willis research
      Jewel D. Casey

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 2, 2001
        I have a few minutes so thought I'd send these to you anyway.

        June 16, 1870 Bridgeport, Jackson County, AL
        #95-96
        David Cameron 22 AL
        Martha 23 TN
        Nora L. 9/12 al (Sept.)

        June 1, 1870 Stevenson District, Jackson County, AL
        #20-22
        Daniel Cameron 38 AL
        Jane 32 TN
        Mary 14 AL
        Ann 11 AL
        Taylor 9 AL ****
        James 6 AL
        Nancy 3 AL

        Could that be the Taylor Cameron you're talking about?? I thought he would
        have been an adult. As a caution, you should give an approximate birth or
        death date when asking about someone. OK? No harm done, except to you maybe
        because I didn't see him as a child. Good luck.

        #22-24
        Elizabeth Cameron 72 TN
        Martha 38 AL
        Mary J. 27 AL
        Jane McCrary 13 AL

        #23-25
        Lozan Cameron 38 TN
        Mary 20 AL
        Jane 4/12 AL (Feb.)

        June 30, 1870, Long Island District, Jackson County, AL

        #113-114
        Hugh Cameron 53 KY
        Nancy 46 SC
        Elizabeth 24 AL
        Wm. 22 AL
        Daniel 21 AL
        John C. 20 AL
        Matilda 16 AL
        Nancy 14 AL
        Mary 11 AL
        Millie 9 AL
        Louisa 7 AL

        JULY 1, 1870 , 300 Subdivision, Jackson County, AL(doesn't explain enough as
        to where located)
        #110-109
        CAMRON
        Samuel Camron 35 TN
        Eliza 26 GA
        Wm. 4 GA
        Amanda 1 GA
        Mary 26 GA

        #379-376
        Mindy Camron 31 AL male
        Lucy 30 AL
        Henry G. 5 AL

        August 19, 1870 Township 6, Range 5 East, Jackson County, AL (doesn't
        explain enough as to where located)

        #37-37
        James T. CAMERON 33 AL
        Nancy 25 AL
        Sarah E. 2 AL
        Abraham J. 5/12 AL (no date)

        Township 5 Range 5 East, Jackson County, Al (no date, assuming same as
        above)
        #44-43
        Charles Cameron 23 GA
        Sarah A. 25 AL
        Ellen 6 AL
        Anna 8/12 AL (Oct)

        I think this covers all the CAMERON and CAMRON 1870 Jackson County, AL
        Hope all this helps you somehow.
        Jewel
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 29, 2002
          Jewel,

          You have just taught a very good lesson on searching census page by page
          instead of using the indexes.

          I find Mas Colbert in HH 314 but he is not listed on any index search on
          ancestry, even using the soundex seach method.

          The name is spelled on the census as Cobbert, so with soundex search, it was
          not picked up.

          Thanks for the reminder that it is not as simple as it sometimes seems.

          Rayedene Graves

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 30, 2002
            Well, thank you!! Sometimes the surname looks like something else, in this
            case it looked like COBBERT.

          • Kevin Hall
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 30, 2002
              Thank you for all your help, It is really
              appreciated.
              The Mas Colbert may be a nick name. We are looking
              into the possiblity that William Colbert had several
              children listed on the 1818 census but most all had
              indian names. One of them may be the father of Mas.
              Gina

              === message truncated ===

              http://greetings.yahoo.com/
            • Jewel Casey
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 31, 2002
                I'm dumb, what 1818 census are you speaking of? And where was William
                located?