Old Baptist cemetery Hollywood

  • rgpipes@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2007
      Just got back from Hollywood. My husband and I went to the Old Baptist
      Cemetery to do a little work. There was several people there working. We
      didn't get as much work done as I would have liked but my husband was very
      tired. He's been trying to get over the flu or something and it really
      kicked him in the gut. My brother had already cleaned a lot of the family
      graves so we started on some graves close by. I also picked up three large
      bags of old flowers that had been piled up. Will people never learn to
      bring garbage bags and take them home with them? Please get out and help
      with any cemetery that you can they all need work.

      Thanks

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      10:34 AM

    • CAROLYN COLE
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2007
        I just went to the category "visit your group" and the picture displayed there looks like the old inn at Bellefonte. If it is it was built by Daniel McNair Martin (1800-1886) in 1845. He was the oldest brother of my ancestor Nathan Green Martin (1821-1886). I have copies of several letters Daniel wrote to his daughter, Ella, and hope to share these with everyone soon.

        Carolyn Martin Cole

        Message 3 of 3 , May 6, 2007
          I think you must be thinking of the cemetery at Bellefonte. I know that
          there is a lot of Martins buried there.

          Regina

          _____

          Just got back from Hollywood. My husband and I went to the Old Baptist
          Cemetery to do a little work. There was several people there working. We
          didn't get as much work done as I would have liked but my husband was very
          tired. He's been trying to get over the flu or something and it really
          kicked him in the gut. My brother had already cleaned a lot of the family
          graves so we started on some graves close by. I also picked up three large
          bags of old flowers that had been piled up. Will people never learn to
          bring garbage bags and take them home with them? Please get out and help
          with any cemetery that you can they all need work.

          Thanks

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          10:34 AM

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.