Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jewel

  • MaryTom482@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
      Thank you so much for looking this up for me. Am most interested in the
      Willis genealogy. Have hit so many blocks!!!!! Mary Willis Drew
    • J Casey
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
        Mary, there was also
        in the same area as A.J. Willis

        #60-60
        Larkin Willis 42 AL
        Cynthia 38 TN
        John 20 TN
        Cynthia 18 AL
        Wm. 16 TN
        Wilson 12 AL
        Mary 10 AL
        Musadore 8 AL female
        James 6 AL
        Thos. 4 AL
        Edgar 5/12 AL (Dec)
        Walter 5/12 AL (Dec)

        #248-252
        Elizabeth Willis 33 AL
        Serena 14 AL
        Sarah J. 12 AL
        Nancy 6 AL

        #253-257
        Wm. L. Ferguson 62 NC
        Martha 50 TN
        Sarah E. 24 TN
        Amos Wilson 18 TN Female (Wilson may have been her middle
        name-yes listed as female
        Amanda M. 15 TN
        John M. 10 TN
        Wm. L. Willis 34 Miss-teacher

        #768-773
        Elizabeth Willis 62 TN
        Wilson 29 AL
        Alfred 17 AL
        Susan 12 AL
        Michael 10 TN
        Darcus C. 50 VA

        Then Scottsboro, 300 June 1, 1870
        #312-311
        James Willis 44 AL laborer
        Margaret 46 AL
        Susannah 22 AL
        Calvin 20 AL
        John H. 17 AL
        Nancy A. 10 AL

        Scottsboro T3-R4#50-50
        James Willis 45 AL
        Margaret 41 AL
        Calvin 20 AL
        John H. 17 AL
        Mary 15 AL
        Nancy E. 12 AL
        James M. 9 AL
        Wm. 6 AL
        Ann M. 3 AL
        Susannah Allan 23 AL
        Samuel C. 4 AL
        It appears he is an Allan

        June 21, 1870 Woodville Subdivision #4
        There was Calvin Willis 20 AL
        Works on R.R. living with a Charles Davis or Dover

        Township 4 Range 5 East (probably of Scottsboro or Woodville)

        #7-7
        Sarah Willis 36 AL
        Olivia E. 22 AL
        Arkansas 19 AL

        Sure hope this helps you with your Willis research
        Jewel D. Casey

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 2, 2001
          I have a few minutes so thought I'd send these to you anyway.

          June 16, 1870 Bridgeport, Jackson County, AL
          #95-96
          David Cameron 22 AL
          Martha 23 TN
          Nora L. 9/12 al (Sept.)

          June 1, 1870 Stevenson District, Jackson County, AL
          #20-22
          Daniel Cameron 38 AL
          Jane 32 TN
          Mary 14 AL
          Ann 11 AL
          Taylor 9 AL ****
          James 6 AL
          Nancy 3 AL

          Could that be the Taylor Cameron you're talking about?? I thought he would
          have been an adult. As a caution, you should give an approximate birth or
          death date when asking about someone. OK? No harm done, except to you maybe
          because I didn't see him as a child. Good luck.

          #22-24
          Elizabeth Cameron 72 TN
          Martha 38 AL
          Mary J. 27 AL
          Jane McCrary 13 AL

          #23-25
          Lozan Cameron 38 TN
          Mary 20 AL
          Jane 4/12 AL (Feb.)

          June 30, 1870, Long Island District, Jackson County, AL

          #113-114
          Hugh Cameron 53 KY
          Nancy 46 SC
          Elizabeth 24 AL
          Wm. 22 AL
          Daniel 21 AL
          John C. 20 AL
          Matilda 16 AL
          Nancy 14 AL
          Mary 11 AL
          Millie 9 AL
          Louisa 7 AL

          JULY 1, 1870 , 300 Subdivision, Jackson County, AL(doesn't explain enough as
          to where located)
          #110-109
          CAMRON
          Samuel Camron 35 TN
          Eliza 26 GA
          Wm. 4 GA
          Amanda 1 GA
          Mary 26 GA

          #379-376
          Mindy Camron 31 AL male
          Lucy 30 AL
          Henry G. 5 AL

          August 19, 1870 Township 6, Range 5 East, Jackson County, AL (doesn't
          explain enough as to where located)

          #37-37
          James T. CAMERON 33 AL
          Nancy 25 AL
          Sarah E. 2 AL
          Abraham J. 5/12 AL (no date)

          Township 5 Range 5 East, Jackson County, Al (no date, assuming same as
          above)
          #44-43
          Charles Cameron 23 GA
          Sarah A. 25 AL
          Ellen 6 AL
          Anna 8/12 AL (Oct)

          I think this covers all the CAMERON and CAMRON 1870 Jackson County, AL
          Hope all this helps you somehow.
          Jewel
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 29, 2002
            Jewel,

            You have just taught a very good lesson on searching census page by page
            instead of using the indexes.

            I find Mas Colbert in HH 314 but he is not listed on any index search on
            ancestry, even using the soundex seach method.

            The name is spelled on the census as Cobbert, so with soundex search, it was
            not picked up.

            Thanks for the reminder that it is not as simple as it sometimes seems.

            Rayedene Graves

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 30, 2002
              Well, thank you!! Sometimes the surname looks like something else, in this
              case it looked like COBBERT.

            • Kevin Hall
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 30, 2002
                Thank you for all your help, It is really
                appreciated.
                The Mas Colbert may be a nick name. We are looking
                into the possiblity that William Colbert had several
                children listed on the 1818 census but most all had
                indian names. One of them may be the father of Mas.
                Gina

                === message truncated ===

                http://greetings.yahoo.com/
              • Jewel Casey
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 31, 2002
                  I'm dumb, what 1818 census are you speaking of? And where was William
                  located?