Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jewel

  • J Casey
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
      June 2, 1870 Jackson County, AL
      Subdivision 2, Big Coon
      #195-199
      A.J. Willis 20 (male) Ala. school teacher

      No Taylor Cameron listed.

      Thanks

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
        Thank you so much for looking this up for me. Am most interested in the
        Willis genealogy. Have hit so many blocks!!!!! Mary Willis Drew
      • J Casey
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 1, 2001
          Mary, there was also
          in the same area as A.J. Willis

          #60-60
          Larkin Willis 42 AL
          Cynthia 38 TN
          John 20 TN
          Cynthia 18 AL
          Wm. 16 TN
          Wilson 12 AL
          Mary 10 AL
          Musadore 8 AL female
          James 6 AL
          Thos. 4 AL
          Edgar 5/12 AL (Dec)
          Walter 5/12 AL (Dec)

          #248-252
          Elizabeth Willis 33 AL
          Serena 14 AL
          Sarah J. 12 AL
          Nancy 6 AL

          #253-257
          Wm. L. Ferguson 62 NC
          Martha 50 TN
          Sarah E. 24 TN
          Amos Wilson 18 TN Female (Wilson may have been her middle
          name-yes listed as female
          Amanda M. 15 TN
          John M. 10 TN
          Wm. L. Willis 34 Miss-teacher

          #768-773
          Elizabeth Willis 62 TN
          Wilson 29 AL
          Alfred 17 AL
          Susan 12 AL
          Michael 10 TN
          Darcus C. 50 VA

          Then Scottsboro, 300 June 1, 1870
          #312-311
          James Willis 44 AL laborer
          Margaret 46 AL
          Susannah 22 AL
          Calvin 20 AL
          John H. 17 AL
          Nancy A. 10 AL

          Scottsboro T3-R4#50-50
          James Willis 45 AL
          Margaret 41 AL
          Calvin 20 AL
          John H. 17 AL
          Mary 15 AL
          Nancy E. 12 AL
          James M. 9 AL
          Wm. 6 AL
          Ann M. 3 AL
          Susannah Allan 23 AL
          Samuel C. 4 AL
          It appears he is an Allan

          June 21, 1870 Woodville Subdivision #4
          There was Calvin Willis 20 AL
          Works on R.R. living with a Charles Davis or Dover

          Township 4 Range 5 East (probably of Scottsboro or Woodville)

          #7-7
          Sarah Willis 36 AL
          Olivia E. 22 AL
          Arkansas 19 AL

          Sure hope this helps you with your Willis research
          Jewel D. Casey

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2001
            I have a few minutes so thought I'd send these to you anyway.

            June 16, 1870 Bridgeport, Jackson County, AL
            #95-96
            David Cameron 22 AL
            Martha 23 TN
            Nora L. 9/12 al (Sept.)

            June 1, 1870 Stevenson District, Jackson County, AL
            #20-22
            Daniel Cameron 38 AL
            Jane 32 TN
            Mary 14 AL
            Ann 11 AL
            Taylor 9 AL ****
            James 6 AL
            Nancy 3 AL

            Could that be the Taylor Cameron you're talking about?? I thought he would
            have been an adult. As a caution, you should give an approximate birth or
            death date when asking about someone. OK? No harm done, except to you maybe
            because I didn't see him as a child. Good luck.

            #22-24
            Elizabeth Cameron 72 TN
            Martha 38 AL
            Mary J. 27 AL
            Jane McCrary 13 AL

            #23-25
            Lozan Cameron 38 TN
            Mary 20 AL
            Jane 4/12 AL (Feb.)

            June 30, 1870, Long Island District, Jackson County, AL

            #113-114
            Hugh Cameron 53 KY
            Nancy 46 SC
            Elizabeth 24 AL
            Wm. 22 AL
            Daniel 21 AL
            John C. 20 AL
            Matilda 16 AL
            Nancy 14 AL
            Mary 11 AL
            Millie 9 AL
            Louisa 7 AL

            JULY 1, 1870 , 300 Subdivision, Jackson County, AL(doesn't explain enough as
            to where located)
            #110-109
            CAMRON
            Samuel Camron 35 TN
            Eliza 26 GA
            Wm. 4 GA
            Amanda 1 GA
            Mary 26 GA

            #379-376
            Mindy Camron 31 AL male
            Lucy 30 AL
            Henry G. 5 AL

            August 19, 1870 Township 6, Range 5 East, Jackson County, AL (doesn't
            explain enough as to where located)

            #37-37
            James T. CAMERON 33 AL
            Nancy 25 AL
            Sarah E. 2 AL
            Abraham J. 5/12 AL (no date)

            Township 5 Range 5 East, Jackson County, Al (no date, assuming same as
            above)
            #44-43
            Charles Cameron 23 GA
            Sarah A. 25 AL
            Ellen 6 AL
            Anna 8/12 AL (Oct)

            I think this covers all the CAMERON and CAMRON 1870 Jackson County, AL
            Hope all this helps you somehow.
            Jewel
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 29, 2002
              Jewel,

              You have just taught a very good lesson on searching census page by page
              instead of using the indexes.

              I find Mas Colbert in HH 314 but he is not listed on any index search on
              ancestry, even using the soundex seach method.

              The name is spelled on the census as Cobbert, so with soundex search, it was
              not picked up.

              Thanks for the reminder that it is not as simple as it sometimes seems.

              Rayedene Graves

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 30, 2002
                Well, thank you!! Sometimes the surname looks like something else, in this
                case it looked like COBBERT.

              • Kevin Hall
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 30, 2002
                  Thank you for all your help, It is really
                  appreciated.
                  The Mas Colbert may be a nick name. We are looking
                  into the possiblity that William Colbert had several
                  children listed on the 1818 census but most all had
                  indian names. One of them may be the father of Mas.
                  Gina

                  === message truncated ===

                  http://greetings.yahoo.com/
                • Jewel Casey
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 31, 2002
                    I'm dumb, what 1818 census are you speaking of? And where was William
                    located?