Abigale Simmons, born about 1832 Jackson, or Madison County, Al.

  • Loretta Simmons
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2007
      Does anyone have an Abigale (Abegail ?) Simmons, in there Family tree born about 1832
      in Jackson, or Madison County, Alabama ?

      Abigale is found on the 1850 Madison County, Al. Census at age 22, Living with the "Dyal"
      Family, wherein J.D. Dyal was listed as Head of House at Age 38, Laborer, Wife Sarah, Age
      25, Children Mary, Age 10, and Sarah Age 2, all Born in Alabama.

      This 1850 Madison Co. Al. Census reveals that Abigale Simmons was living next door to
      Zachariah Simmons, & Family, and next door to a Mary Simmons Age 35 with two Children
      Wm. age 9, and John age 7.

      Abegail Simmons shows up again in 1880 on the Jackson County, Al. Census at age 48,
      listed as Living as Family # 75, however is not shown on this type of Census form with
      any other Family Members.

      Based on the close proximity that Abigale was Living in 1850 Madison County, Al.
      to Zachariah Simmons, and Mary Simmons, it is most likely that they were related in
      some way.
      Please help if you have any information in your Genealogy with respect to Abigale
      Simmons.

      Dwight Simmons
      25 Forest Green Drive
      Springfield, IL. 62711

    • Louise Howard
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 21, 2007
        Loretta,

        Heritage Quest Online
        1880 Census for Jackson County Alabama shows the
        following:

        H-H 70-75
        Simmons, Enoch Age 67 Farmer TN TN TN
        Abigail Age 48 Wife AL VA TN
        William Age 10 Son AL TN TN

        DeKalb County, Alabama 1880 Census lists 11 Simmons
        Jackson County, Alabama 1880 Census lists 39 Simmons
        Madison County, Alabama 1880 Census lists 20 Simmons

        I am not researching Simmons but hope this is your
        family and is of help to you.

        Louise Howard

        --- Loretta Simmons <dwightsf2176@...>

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 21, 2007
          Dwight

          It is unlikely that the Abigale Simmons on the 1850 Madison Co. is the same person as Abigail Simmons on the 1880 Jackson Co as Abigal is listed as the wife of Enoch Simmons.

          The head of household on the 1850 Madison Co. is Jenny or Jincey Simmons 60 Female Unknown. Abigale Simmons and Sarah Dyal are likely her daughters. Z. Simmons is likely a son and Mary Simmons a daughter in law. Go back one page on the census to see head of household of House/Family 242. There is no entry for 243 Z. Simmons is 244 and Mary Simmons 245.

          I found no marriage for Abigale/Abigail Simmons in AL.

          Zachariah Simmons patented land in both Madison and Jackson Counties beginning in 1849. The only Simmons listed Madison/Jackson Co. who patented land before that was William Simmons in 1831 Jackson Co.

          Clay Gullatt