The Family of Ellison Goff

  • goffgirl1850
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9 10:39 AM
      I am searching for any information on the family of Ellison Goff born
      abt 1798 NC. His wife Hannah was born abt 1898 NC also.
      His children (and not all of them are as follows)
      Nancy abt 1822 TN
      (possible Andrew abt 1824)TN
      Manda abt 1826 TN
      Louisa abt 1828 TN
      Ellison abt 1829 TN
      James abt 1831 AL
      Franklin abt 1835 AL
      Houston abt 1838 TN (he is listed as born AL, but I have a newspsper
      article were he says he was born in Marion County TN)
      Thomas abt 1843 AL
      Levanless abt 1847 AL

      Other possible sons might include: William and Wiley Goff from the
      1840 and 1850 census.

      THERE IS AN ELLISON GOFF IN THE 1810 CENSUS, MONTGOMERY, NC...BUT I
      WOULD ASSUME THIS MIGHT BE HIS FATHER, AS THIS ELLISON WAS BORN ABOUT
      1798.

      From other things I have gathered, Ellison Goff was in the 18th
      Alabama Infantry Volunteers, Confederate, Company C

      I have also found an ELLISON GOFF buried at Price Cemetery in
      Birmingham, Alabama. I am not sure if this is him, but the death date
      is October 29, 1897 Confederate States Army.

      Does anyone have information on this family that they would share?
      Would anyone be willing to look-up any information they could on this
      family?
      Thank you very much,
      Cara