RICHEY/RICHIE

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2007
      Is anyone researching the family of Younger Waldrop Richey/Richie (born 1830 in Illinois and died 1903 in Jackson Co, AL) who married Martha Jane Judge (born 1840 in Jackson Co, AL) in DeSoto Co, MS in 1867?
      Their children were:
      Mary Jane Richey (born 1869 in MS) who married Porter Sowell in MS; Annie Eliza Richey (born 1875 in MS) who married Pleasant Whitaker Barbee in 1897 in Jackson Co; Mattie (called Mat) Richey who married Hunter Green in Jackson Co; and John Lipsey Richey who married Lexie Childress in Jackson Co. I am especially interested in learning more about the children of John Lipsey and Lexie (Childress) Richey/Richie.
      Y. W. and Martha Jane (Judge) Richey/Richie moved to Jackson County about 1890 and both are buried in Burgess Cemetery.
      Younger Waldrop Richey/Richie was the son of John and Ann(ie) Wardrop/Waldrop Richey/Richie, Jr. who were both born in Kentucky and died in Marshall Co, MS. John, Jr. was the son of John and Tabitha (Spencer) Richey/Richie.
      Ann B. Chambless

    • Roy Chadwick
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7, 2007
        Hi Ann,
        Would you have any info on the Ritchey/Richey/Richy/Richie lines from KY>
        In my research for my GGGmother Elener Choate brn abt 1800 KY,she may have actually been a Richey from KY,and was later in Warren/Marion Co's of TN abt 1820. A Sitz lady from TN told me that Elener's name was Elener Richey Choate Sitz.
        Researching, Bond,Bost,Chadwick,Choate,Coffelt,Hodgins,Keele,Moreland,
        Langford,Lankford,Richey,Richmond,Seitz,Sitz,Sides,Vaughan,Vaughn,Wilson.
        Thanks,Roy.