RE: [jacksongenealogy] My family

  • JL Hamilton
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 2, 2007
      Karl I am researching the Halcombs that was my Grand mothers family on my
      mothers side and also I am related to the Ferguson on my fathers side of the
      family.My email is hkatherinejohn@.... I will be happy to share
      what ever I have. My Grandmother was Mima Holcomb Treece and I am related to
      Billy Ferguson and Charles Ferguson.

      Larry Hamilton

      _____

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 2, 2007
        Karl, I know a great deal about the Bradford families in jackson
        county and would be glad to help you. I see you mentioned both
        Bradford and Ledbetter. Do that mean that you are interested in Henry
        Bradford who married first Elizabeth Holder, then Mollie Ledbetter? If
        so we share ancestors, though this is not our direct line. Give me
        some names and I'll see if I have any info that would help.

        Annette Bradford
        > > I am new to this group and I thought I would see if anyone else
        > is researching any of the names.
        > > Bradford, Williams, Elkins, Holcomb, Ferguson, Starkey,
        > Ambrester, Ledbetter. These are
        > > some of the names I am researching, Thanks, Regina
        >

        > I received the following from another Ledbetter researcher who saw
        > the postings from 3/21:
        >
        > This 1778 Brunswick County"WILL" caught my eye..no big break..just
        > that the name Ledbetter is the name on the "assignor" of the land
        > that Benjamin Griffith signs for in Alabama.(08/17/1838)
        >
        > Then I start seeing the late deceased "John Bradley"....who "Mary"
        > (Nancy Ledbetter's daughter) is the widow of.
        >
        > This is probably the father of James Bradley (will of 1802 of
        > (buying) Jesse Walls' land for daughter Mary Alsobrook).the will
        > the Edgecombe NC researcher was reading to me over the phone at
        > 6AM Monday this week).
        >
        > It may be the father of the John Bradley who is with Sweeney and
        > Benjamin Griffith in White County Tennessee.
        >
        > It says the deceased Bradley was on the "Broad" ..this must be the
        > 210 mile "French Broad river..3rd oldest
        > river in the world, older than the Apallacian Mountains
        > themselves..out near Buncombe County..flows northwest into the
        > Tennessee River..it's like our very own "Nile".....Paula

      • Karl Plenge
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 2, 2007
          I am really just caught in the middle here.

          I responded to a posting by Regina that mentioned Ledbetters (see 3/21), mentioning that I have some MS Ledbetters in my tree, and someone who I guess is not a member of this board sent me the info I posted this morning for me to post.

          I am not connected with the Jackson Co Ledbetters that I know of, just raising the possibility that I might be.

          I don't have any connection to any of the other families mentioned in the info I posted this morning.

        • Sylvia King
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 2, 2007
            I would like to know more about your Starkey family. 3 Starkey siblings married Haynes siblings. They are not my direct line, but they came to Eastland County Texas about the same time as my Irby family from Jackson County.

            Sylvia King, Cisco, Texas.

          • purplecraze38@charter.net
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 3, 2007
              Sylvia, My great great great grandmother was Sarah Armarilla Starkey she married William Henry Armbrester or Ambrester. Thanks, Regina

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 3, 2007
                My Great Great Grandpa was William John Williams he married Nancy Caroline Elkins, my great grandmother was Katie Frances Williams and she married Jesse Marion Holcomb. William John and Nancy caroline were both born in Lenoir County Tennessee. Thanks
              • paula stockebrand