Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: William M. Beavers

  • J Casey
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2000
      Old Taliferro (Tolliver) Cemetery
      W.M. Beaver
      Born Oct. 1st, 1808
      Died Nov. 25th, 1875
      Age 67 years, 1 mo. & 25 days
      "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God"
      Erected by his son J.L. Beaver

      (No other Beaver listed in this cemetery.)
      There's about 15 markers and a lot of unmarked graves-probably a hundred.

      Beech Grove Cemetery, Francisco community.
      James L. Beaver
      Born March 11, 1844
      Died Dec. 30, 1913
      "Thy trials ended, thy rest is won."

      Nancy Jane beaver
      Died Jan. 9, 1910
      Aged 63 years
      "She was the sunshine of our home."

      Oscar W., Husband of
      Sallie E. Beaver
      Born July 30, 1876
      Died April 28, 1903
      "Since thou can no longer stay to cheer me with thy love
      I hope to meet thee again in yon bright world above."

      Notes on Beech Grove Cemetery
      Jim C. Pogue, a child of Alfred Walter Pogue and Martha Elizabeth (Garland)
      Pogue married Maggie Alice, daughter of James L. Beaver and wife Nancy Jane
      (Brown) Beaver, who are also buried at this cemetery.

      The only other Beaver is at:
      Old Paint Rock Cemetery #1

      Iron fence around Beaver lot
      Sallie E. Smith
      December 29, 1859
      September 9, 1925

      Erected by Woodman of the World
      Willie O. Beaver
      Born Jan. 16, 1884
      Died March 4, 1905
      "A precious from us is gone
      A voice we loved is stilled
      A place is vacant our home
      Which never can be filled."

      Thomas H. Beaver
      Born November 28, 1856
      Died January 17, 1889

      **Not sure who else would be in that lot, it doesn't say

      No other Beaver listed in Paint Rock Valley Pioneers, by Kittye Vandiver
      Henshaw, Evelyn Smith Rocheel and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver, (cemetery
      book and other info.)

      Looked in 1870 census book by Jessie Brandon Griffith and didn't find any
      Beavers listed.

      Hope this helps you