Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: William M. Beavers

  • Charles McCutchen
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 31, 2000
      --- princessozma@... wrote:
      > I would love to hear what info you have---one never
      > knows. Granville
      > could be family. Thanks! Roni

      This is what little information I have found:

      Descendants of Granville M. Beavers

      First Generation

      1. Granville M. Beavers-[2772] .

      Granville married Elizabeth Higgins McCutchen-[270]
      [MRIN:958], daughter of
      William Walker McCutchen Jr-[57] and Margarette
      Harrsion-[59], on 12 Jan
      1876 in Marshall County, Al. (Elizabeth Higgins
      McCutchen-[270] was born
      on 14 Feb 1856 in Larkinsville, Jackson County,
      Al. , died on 1 Aug 1880
      in Cleburne, Johnson County, Texas. , buried in
      Pleasant Point Cemetery,
      Johnson County, Texas. .)

      They had the following children:

      2 M i. Olin Beavers-[2773] .

      The one clue I can give you is there is a much earlier
      Granville Beavers I ran across in posting a message to
      the Beavers Genforum page. It seems to me that this
      might be a family name. Go to the Beavers Genforum
      page and do a search for Granville.

      I hope this eventually helps.

      Charlie.

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • J Casey
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2000
        Old Taliferro (Tolliver) Cemetery
        W.M. Beaver
        Born Oct. 1st, 1808
        Died Nov. 25th, 1875
        Age 67 years, 1 mo. & 25 days
        "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God"
        Erected by his son J.L. Beaver

        (No other Beaver listed in this cemetery.)
        There's about 15 markers and a lot of unmarked graves-probably a hundred.

        Beech Grove Cemetery, Francisco community.
        James L. Beaver
        Born March 11, 1844
        Died Dec. 30, 1913
        "Thy trials ended, thy rest is won."

        Nancy Jane beaver
        Died Jan. 9, 1910
        Aged 63 years
        "She was the sunshine of our home."

        Oscar W., Husband of
        Sallie E. Beaver
        Born July 30, 1876
        Died April 28, 1903
        "Since thou can no longer stay to cheer me with thy love
        I hope to meet thee again in yon bright world above."

        Notes on Beech Grove Cemetery
        Jim C. Pogue, a child of Alfred Walter Pogue and Martha Elizabeth (Garland)
        Pogue married Maggie Alice, daughter of James L. Beaver and wife Nancy Jane
        (Brown) Beaver, who are also buried at this cemetery.

        The only other Beaver is at:
        Old Paint Rock Cemetery #1

        Iron fence around Beaver lot
        Mother
        Sallie E. Smith
        December 29, 1859
        September 9, 1925

        Erected by Woodman of the World
        Willie O. Beaver
        Born Jan. 16, 1884
        Died March 4, 1905
        "A precious from us is gone
        A voice we loved is stilled
        A place is vacant our home
        Which never can be filled."

        Thomas H. Beaver
        Born November 28, 1856
        Died January 17, 1889

        **Not sure who else would be in that lot, it doesn't say

        No other Beaver listed in Paint Rock Valley Pioneers, by Kittye Vandiver
        Henshaw, Evelyn Smith Rocheel and Addie Katherine Stovall Shaver, (cemetery
        book and other info.)

        Looked in 1870 census book by Jessie Brandon Griffith and didn't find any
        Beavers listed.

        Hope this helps you
        Jewel