Re: [jacksongenealogy]Census lookup - STEVENS

  • Lewis Flanagin
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 10 7:56 AM
      In the 1930 census, Raymond is still with his parents in Bridgeport:

      Name Age Joe T Stephens 53 Ida Stephens 47 Raymon R Stephens 18 Louis B Stephens 13

      Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Bridgeport, Jackson, Alabama; Roll: 20; Page: 1A; Enumeration District: 1; Image: 558.0.

      Joy <joy0420@...> wrote:
      Clay, he is on the 1920 Jackson Co, Alabama census in Bridgeport, under father Joseph T. Stevens. Do you have access to the 1930?

      Thanks. JOY

      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 10 1:16 PM
        U.S. Census > 1930 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
        Bridgeport > District 1: Ancestry page 1:

        [9] [9] Joe T Stephens M W b 1877 M 28 No Yes TN TN TN Labor Saw Mill 7844 W
        Yes XX No XX XX
        wife: Ida F W b 1883 M 16 No Yes TN TN TN
        Children:
        Raymon[d] R Son M W b 1912 S AL TN TN Labor Saw Mill;

        Locia [Lydia?] Daughter F W b 1917 AL TN TN

        Married abt 1905.

        U.S. Census > 1920 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
        Bridgeport > District 23: Ancestry page 10:

        X [95] [95] Joseph T Stevens Head R XX M W b 1875 XX XX Yes TN TN KY XX Yes
        Lumber Spader Saw Mill W
        wife: Ida wife XX XX F W b 1882 M XX XX XX XX Yes Yes TN TN TN XX None
        Children:
        Georgia C Daughter b 1902 S TN
        Vernon L Son b 1906 S AL
        Joseph C Son b 1908 S TN
        Raymon[d] R Son b 1908 TN
        Lois B Daughter b 3 3/12 [1917] AL

        U.S. Census > 1910 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
        Collins > District 37: Ancestry page: 9

        80 80 Joseph Stephens Head M W b 1881 M1 6 AL AL AL Farmer - General Farm
        wife Ida E; F W b 1883 M1 6 0 0 AL AL AL Laborer General Farm
        Charles B Worthen Brother-in-Law M W b 1906 S AL AL AL None

        Search of 1900 Census:

        U.S. Census > 19 U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama >
        Cherokee > Spring Garden > District 119 Ancestry page: 5:

        43 47 Moses Lockridge Head M W b Aug 1861 M 15 6 6 GA GA GA Farmer; wife
        Martha J b Jan 1869 AL GA SC; children: James b May 1886 AL; Robert b Mar 1888
        AL; Annie b Jul 1896 AL; Sallie b Apr 1894 AL; Nobie [sic] b Nov 1896 AL;
        Charles b Jul 1898 AL; Moses Hilbert Nephew b Jan 1878 AL;

        XX 48 Joseph Stephens Nephew b Jun 1878 AL AL GA Farm Labor

        U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Hale >
        Greensboro > District 51: Ancestry page 30:

        363 371 Martha Perry Head W F b Jul 1834 WD 2 2 AL SC SC; children: Joe
        Stephens b Dec 1871 AL AL AL; Andrew b May 1877 AL AL AL Farm labor

        362 370 D D Perry b Sep 1848 M 19 AL TN AL Farmer; wife: Kesea b Aug 1859 M
        19 1 1 AL SC AL; children: John b Sep 1871 AL; boarder: Nancy Stephens b March
        1870 AL AL AL

        U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Jackson >
        Hollytree > District 44 Ancestry page 7: 35 35 Joe R Hill b Jan 1876 M 4 AL AL AL
        Farmer; wife Maggie O b Oct 1879 4 2 1 AL AL AL; children: Mac E b Oct 1897
        AL; boarder: Joe Stevens b Jan 1882 AL AL AL

        U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Tennessee > Jackson >
        Civil District 6 > District 25: Ancestry page 10: 311 311 Joe Stevens b Aug
        1876 M 4 TN TN TN Farmer; wife: Dora b Jan 1880 4 2 1 TN TN TN; children Mary b
        Oct 1899 [2/12] TN.

        U.S. Census > 1900 United States Federal Census > Alabama > Etowah > Gadsden
        > District 148: Ancestry page 17: 166 190 William T Stephens b Oct 1856 M
        13 AL SC AL Farmer; wife Georgia A b Jun 1871 M 13 5 5 AL AL GA; children:
        Nobie W b Sep 1887 AL; Bertie A b July 1893 AL; Walter G b Oct 1894; Joseph b
        Dec 1896 AL; Edith C b Apr 1899 AL.

        http://www.aol.com

      • altafae@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 10 1:51 PM
          In a message dated 3/9/2007 5:33:53 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
          joy0420@... writes:

          1913, b/c on his obit it states "died 7-13-2000 age 87".

          Social Security Death Index
          Name: Ray R. Stevens
          SSN: 416-05-9963
          Last Residence: 35978 Henagar, DE Kalb, Alabama, United States of America

          Born: 24 Feb 1912
          Died: 13 Jul 2000
          State (Year) SSN issued: Alabama (Before 1951 )
          Birth, Marriage & Death > Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969 > 1965 > S:
          Ancestry page 1018:
          Alabama Marriage Collection, 1800-1969
          Name: Raymond Stevens
          Marriage Date: Dec 1965
          County: Calhoun
          State: Alabama
          Source information: Alabama Center for Health Statistics
          Name Spouse Marriage Date County
          Ray Stevens 20 Dec 1952 Dale
          Ray Stevens Jul 1963 Marshall
          Ray G Stevens 3 Jun 1944 Conecuh

          http://www.aol.com

        • altafae@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 10 1:52 PM
            _U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946_
            (http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8939&enc=1)
            Name: Raymond Birth Year: 1912 Race: White, citizen (White)
            Nativity State or Country: Alabama State: Alabama County or City: Marshall
            Enlistment Date: 11 May 1942 Enlistment State: Alabama Enlistment City: Fort
            McClellan Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Branch Code:
            Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Grade: Private Grade Code:
            Private Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other
            emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or
            otherwise according to law Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men) Source: Civil
            Life Education: 3 years of high school Civil Occupation: Gunsmith*
            (Armorer), Diesel Mechanic (Automobile mechanic, Diesel engine), Camera Repairman
            (still camera), Instrument Repairman, Nonelectrical (Instrument maker),
            Utility Repairman (Mechanic, general), Equipment Maintenance Man, Motion Picture
            equipment Marital Status: Married Height: 66 Weight: 148
            http://www.aol.com

          • Joy
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 10 2:10 PM
              Thank you very much! Joy

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 11 9:25 AM
                Thank you so much for the info! It is all greatly appreciated.

                Joy